Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Homeschool fun.

Great weather and a busy, fun day! Noah had homeschool nature class at Fenner Nature Center yesterday. They learned about habitats and Noah actually pet a snake. Good for him! He's been a bit afraid of them. Then in the afternoon the weather was so great that Noah broke in his new bike he got for Christmas. Before he knew it, three of the neighbor kids happily joined in riding their bikes. It sure felt good to see the kids outside riding their bikes and playing.
In the evening Autumn took Noah and Tyranique to Kevin's workplace. Kevin (Autie's boyfriend) is a silk screener and will be starting his own business soon.
The kids had drawn designs for tee-shirts last week and Kevin had them ready to print when they arrived. He showed them step by step the process of silk screening a shirt.



Noah's shirt design. We'll be selling millons!

10 comments:

tiff said...

OMG...I love NOAH's shirt design...that is awesome! My guys would love it...sell them...sell them...sell them!

I remember doing this with my kindergartners my first year...it was amazing...we did little sea life pictures and then silk screened them all onto one shirt...it was our field trip shirt to the beach in Washington State...I even made one for Rick...it use to be his favorite...

What a fun day of homeschoolin!!!!!!

Anet said...

Thanks Tiff, it is a cute little robot. I'm just kidding about selling them though;)
I love little people art! We do an art program with our preschoolers that the parents can then order different items, like shirts, mugs, aprons, etc... with their child's art work on them. Super cute stuff!
We have special purple shirts that we wear on field trips. It makes it easier to keep track of them.
Do you have a long weekend coming up?! I'm off until Tuesday:)

denise said...

Cool shirt!

Sharon said...

You're right Anet, little people art is the best!

Very cool shirt Noah!

sandy said...

Wow, cool shirt NOah!! How fun for him to get to see the process.

And out riding a bike when not long ago it was cold and snowy... Well...We got your weather! Cold temps and snow down to my level by Sunday or Monday according to the news. And...I have a houseful of family coming in for the weekend. They were planning a trip to Disneyland on Sunday, and some insist they will go come rain or shine, even if it is the 2" of rain they are predicting with this storm.

Ruth said...

Noah's design looks fantastic green on black, I love it.

Oh this weather has been such a boon. Every time a student comes into my office we're talking about enjoying the warmth. And now it's crazy windy!

Wow, snow in CA by Sandy!

You and Don and your long weekends!! Must be very nice. Enjoy. :)

Anet said...

Thanks Denise!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks Sharon, You know, Noah just thinks the world of you!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey Sandy, I sure hope the weekend weather will cooperate for you. I'd go to Disneyland in the rain too:) How far is Disney from you?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi Ruth, I like the black with green too! It really pops.
I even had today off, super long weekend. Yippee!

Tara said...

Well I'd certainly buy one of Noah's designs! It's awesome. How sweet of Kevin to do that for the kids. He sounds like a keeper! ;-)

Anet said...

Hi Tara,
Kevin is awesome. A very kind and caring guy. He loves cats! He's is so good to Autumn. I just think the world of him...Hoping he'll be our son-in-law someday:)
When they get back from Pittsburgh I'll ask him if I can get a few extra shirts made. Noah would love to send one to you...but not to sell them:) I'm not sure if the silkscreen was saved.

Gwen Buchanan said...

What a great experience for the kids Anet.. from drawing their fun designs to the finished thing.. wonderful!!

Blog Archive