A visit to The Creation Station is a "never knowing journey" of treasure seeking. Loaded with donated recyclables, it's a young boy's dream come true. Noah LOVES shopping here! For six dollars you can fill a paper grocery sack with your heart's desire. Noah loves cardboard tubes and odd little containers for treasures, corks, test tubes, old keys, tennis balls, etc.
I search for scrap paper, yarn, material for art projects.
This place is loaded with possibilities for science, art and inventions. Sometimes if we're lucky, we find a old phone/answering machine in the free pile on the way out. I'll grab it just to let Noah go at it with a screwdriver and tear it apart. The Creation Station is located downtown in the Science Center building a few miles from us. We visit about every 3 months or so to load up on supplies. A great source for the imagination!
This place is loaded with possibilities for science, art and inventions. Sometimes if we're lucky, we find a old phone/answering machine in the free pile on the way out. I'll grab it just to let Noah go at it with a screwdriver and tear it apart. The Creation Station is located downtown in the Science Center building a few miles from us. We visit about every 3 months or so to load up on supplies. A great source for the imagination!




8 comments:
What a great idea! What a cool place! I love the whole concept. (Sometimes parts of my house look like this... super for a bits and pieces store, not the most cozy and welcoming home decor though.) Enjoy your treasures Noah!
What an amazing resource. Wow.
Very cool! Happy creating!
Kel
What a neat place. Amelia's room used to look like this; she would save every toilet paper/gift wrap roll and boxes and bits of pretty paper. When we moved we made a big trip to the recycling center but it would have been nice to drop it off at a place like this.
This place sounds vaguely familiar, but I haven't seen it. Brilliant!
ahhhh my kind of place. I would love one close to me to take my grandson to.
It's a great place :)
Noah is a saver of tubes and cardboard boxes. He'll take things out of the trash. I tell him..."If it fits under your bed then you can keep it." He would rather play with that kind of stuff than toys. He makes all kinds of stuff with them.
Wowzers...this would be a teachers dream...would love a place like this in Carbondale, CO...I think my kiddo's would go nuts in the creation station.
fun times!
Post a Comment