Pamela's Products; Wheat-Free & Gluten-Free Baking & Pancake Mix
I love all of Pamela's Products. Good stuff!
So worth it, when you are goody deprived!
This is how I made the lemon cookies from my last post. Playing with this mix, I followed the chocolate cookie recipe on the back. I used 1 cup of white sugar instead of 1/2 cup br. sugar and 1/2 cup white sugar. I added a teaspoon of lemon extract to the mix. No choc. chips of course. Then I added two teaspoons of lemon extract to a basic butter cream frosting recipe. I've also baked the cookie recipe with butterscotch chips instead of chocolate chips, really sweet and yummy!
There are lots of recipes on the back of the bag. Like: sour cream coffee cake, pumpkin loaf, scones and other goodies. This mix is made with brown and white rice flour and almond meal. Much to my surprise and delight, no funky weird after-taste as with many gluten-free flours. If there are any other good gluten-free products you know of, I'd love to try them!
A "just because" gift!
The ginger jar next to him was one of my Christmas presents from Autumn. She such a sweet girl :)




9 comments:
I love that ginger jar!! How would one know they are allergic to wheat...well I guess I could google that. Those cookies sound so good. I can't bake because then I would eat and not stop.
I'm allergic to hundreds (if not more) of things, luckily not wheat (just sensitive to it - so I soak, sprout, and grind our own). I am not a fan of the gluten free stuff which I use sometimes due to other ingredient intolerances - I'll have to try that one.
That gnome ornament!! I would love it, it would go so well with my glass mushroom ornaments and little glass squirrels (which I wanted to post so I could show you but never got around to posting my ornaments).
I use pamela's mix and agree it is the best gluten-free mix out there. We use it for so many recipes. I would love to try the lemon cookies, but I have on my mind something with orange and pistachios.....
I can see you in the jar...
Hey there Anet! I have an email I need to pass your way, and can't find your email address on your blog. Will you email me and then I can forward it to you? Thanks a bunch!
Tammy
thesherfamily@yahoo.com
Just vegetarian here, but I always appreciate a product recommendation!
And your recipe sounds soooo tasty!
Kel
Hi Sandy, I became allergic as an adult. So it was really weird. But when my throat swelled after eating a piece of pizza and some other mishaps. I had an allergy test done. I have loads of allergies, wheat is the worst.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~``
HI Denise, Have you always been allergic or was some brought on in adulthood?
My newest is latex. Fun:(
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey Lisa Anne, I would love to see your squirrels, sounds too cute!
Mmmmm...orange and pistachios that sound really GOOD! I should buy a few different flavors of extract. Good way to change it up a bit.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hi Gwen :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`
Hey Tammy, I sent it along.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks Tiff, ((HUGS))
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hi Kel, I'm glad you have no allergies to worry about, it makes life a little challenging. ugh!
I'm not allergic to wheat but I feel much better (and look better too) if I keep gluten to a minimum. I like Mary's Gone Crackers black pepper crackers and Van's frozen waffles.
What a sweet, sweet daughter you have. But I think you already know that.
Post a Comment