So what have I been doing this week? Packing away Christmas, cleaning, organizing, baking and starting some embroidery projects. Watched a few old black and white movies, played some board games, staying up late and slept in late too. Oh yes, I had Autumn cut my hair for me. Took about 4 inches off the bottom. I'm looking forward to a New Year, tax refunds and Spring!
It's nice to have my living room back to normal.
Cleaned and organized... the classroom. Back to school next week.




14 comments:
Oh, hello there, LEMON COOKIES! Mmmm ... ;)
Well there you are! And the house looks gorgeous, the cookies look yummy and I wish Autumn was around to cut my hair.
4" off your locks? that's a lot... you really are ready for the new year..
Hey I just watched an old bk/wh movie from the 40's last night"Out of the Past".. you know when Robert Mitchum was young he resembled Sean Penn somewhat....
yummy cookies...
Happy New Year Anet & Family! It is always a good feeling to get back to normal with a little change!
Oh taxes...yikes...we are crossing our fingers for a refund to help pay off our move...okay fat chance of that big of a refund...but a girl can wish right?
Hey Jodi,
Happy New Year to you, hope all is well!
I was sad when the cookies were gone:(
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks Sandy,
I've really been enjoying your inspiration post on your blog.;)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hi Gwen,
Yeah it's pretty short!
Kind of freaking out about it. Oh well, it'll grow back:)
Robert Mitchum did look a bit like Sean Penn, didn't he? He's a good actor. My favorite old time actor is Jimmy Stewart. :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~````
Hey Tiff,
Happy New Year to you too!
We always get a pretty nice tax return, just in time to help with winter bills and winter blues.
I want to get Noah a enclosed trampoline with the money, to get his energy out!
I hope you've enjoyed your break from work, back on Monday for us!
do you have a recipe for the cookies? We love lemony stuff 'round here!!
I'm glad you're back to posting, was thinking you might be sick or on a road trip.
Molly
Good for you, I don't know if I'm going to feel like putting Christmas away after my sister leaves tomorrow. I just want to sit and BE for a few hours, after so many visitors over the two week break. It was WONderful, but it's always good to get back to the routine.
I'll bet you look cute in your haircut.
I love haircuts and organizing. ;)
The house looks great - I love lemon cookies!
Those cookies look great Anet. I've had some many gluten free things that are just yucky. Your house is so sweet and cozy... and how lucky you are to have a daughter who can trim your hair. That's awesome!
Yay, tax refunds!
We're in uber overhaul mode here, too. Mom arrives on Thursday.
Yes, mmmmmmmm to lemon cookies!
That is what happens when you finally find something yummy and gluten-free! I always end up eating way too much of it, but I justify it by thinking that everyone else gets to eat whatever they want so I am going to eat this whole plate of cookies to make myself feel better. Coconut macaroons are my emergency-gluten-free-I need sugar quick!-fix.
I wish I had an Autumn around here. I just cut my own hair and Amelia is horrified: "You look like a little boy who has been playing with his mother's scissors" Good thing I look good in hats!
Hi Molly,
Yeah, all's well. just not much to blog about these days. I hope you're enjoying your trip!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey Ruth,
I'm the only one who put up and took down the decorations, so much work! Next year I'm not doing it! I always say that:)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks Denise, I've seen you've been cleaning and organizing too:)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
HI Tara,
Thanks, this is the first time I've let her trim my hair... it's not too bad. Of course I kept telling her how to do it all the way through it. Which she didn't appreciate. I'm not to sure it's even all the way but "Oh well"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
RunninL8
Have fun with Mom :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey Lisa Anne,
I'll have to try the coconut macaroons. They sound yummy:) Sorry to hear about the hair. I bet it's not too bad.
It seems many of my blogger friends are cutting their own hair. We are, so we can save some money. I started cutting my husband's and trimming Noah's, I'm not to good at it. Hopefully in time I'll improve:)
Anet, I've been cutting Jeff's hair for years. Hang in there... you'll get better! Poor Jeff, he was a real trooper as I got through my learning curve. I use scissors over comb or clippers around the sides, pull the top straight up and then blend the two areas for the basic cut. To finish off I add a little extra blending on the side with more hair and fix up the bottom edges. You might want to check youtube; there are some nice lessons posted.
Now if I could just teach Jeff to cut mine!
Oh, we've too been staying up late and sleeping late! Good thing we don't have to "go back to school!"
Hope you find peace with your shorter locks- it does grow back- my 16 y.o. daughter cut my sister's hair on New Year's eve.
Hooray for tax refunds, but we want to snowtube, so we are happy for spring to arrive in March!
Lemon cookies--- do share!!!
Kel
Post a Comment