Sunday, December 14, 2008

Today's ornaments

I made this snowman out of polymer clay a few years ago. On one side of him, is an old ornament I've had since I was a child. The other side you can see a pair of mittens that belong to Noah when he was a baby...they are so sweet.


I love this one. I have two different designs of this. This one is The deers in the woods and the other one is Angels flying. You place a light into the bottom and they light up so beautiful!

11 comments:

tiff said...

You have so many beautiful, sentimental ornaments...I love that deer ornament...but not to be confused with an ELK...giggle :)

And that snowman...what a creative mama! I also love that you put things your children wore or had when they were wee ones...it really brings a history to your tree!

~Molly~ said...

Just lovely!! I love the deers and the mittens!

My puter is fried so I may not be online much next week.

Molly

Tara said...

Oh Anet, I love the deer ornament! It is really beautiful... so serene and peaceful.

Ruth said...

Another great idea - to hang Noah's mittens on the tree. All are very pretty, so magical.

Sharon said...

You really are very talented with the clay Anet! And your collection of ornament are beautiful and unique. I've never seen one like your deer in the woods before.

RunninL8 said...

I love that bottom one-just gorgeous!!! I'm still in the process of taking pictures of mine! X-mas lights make for some pretty funky pictures as evidenced by all of yours and your header. Awesome!!!

Lisa said...

I love seeing all of your ornaments!

Lisa Anne said...

I really like the deer ornament, I also love that Christmas bulb from your Christmas past. You are really making me excited to put my tree up...not until after the solstice (But I want it now! -in a Veruca sort of voice)

Anet said...

Thanks everyone, I'm about all Christmas out already. Tomorrow is the homeschool group's Christmas party...still not sure if we are going. Friday is our preschool party. ~~~~
It's going to be a nice quiet Christmas, just us at home. We are probably going to a movie. You'd be surprised how busy the theater is on Christmas.
All of us Christmas losers!
The trick is finding a movie that we can ALL enjoy. Last year we split up. I went with Autumn and Caleb to some dooms-day movie,nice
for Christmas! Brad and Noah went to see Alvin and the Chipmunks.
Splitting up totally defeated the purpose of the family Christmas movie!
This year we are leaning toward an Adam Sandler movie called "Bedtime Stories." I think it just might work for everyone.

A Slice of the Pie said...

I am enjoying all your ornaments. Mine are still up in the attic in boxes!

Kel

sandy said...

I love the deer in the woods! Those are nice ornaments...and the ones below too.

Blog Archive