One of my parents handed me a gift after school today. This sweet little paper doll with a red heart. She is layered between two pieces of glass with beautiful copper edges. I also got a gift card for a coffee shop. Yum, I do like coffee:) Friday is our Christmas party at preschool, we are ready for it but there is a snow storm for Thursday evening forecasted. We might have a snow day on Friday. Which would mean a much smaller party when we return on Jan. 5th. That would be a bummer! The kids have worked really hard on gifts, decorations and ornaments. We have a really nice party with the parents and a special visit from Santa. Okay, usually I'm all for a snow day, but not on the Christmas party day!
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
Today's ornament
One of my parents handed me a gift after school today. This sweet little paper doll with a red heart. She is layered between two pieces of glass with beautiful copper edges. I also got a gift card for a coffee shop. Yum, I do like coffee:) Friday is our Christmas party at preschool, we are ready for it but there is a snow storm for Thursday evening forecasted. We might have a snow day on Friday. Which would mean a much smaller party when we return on Jan. 5th. That would be a bummer! The kids have worked really hard on gifts, decorations and ornaments. We have a really nice party with the parents and a special visit from Santa. Okay, usually I'm all for a snow day, but not on the Christmas party day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




9 comments:
So sweet. :-)
I hope you are able to have the party and that all goes well.
PS. My word verification is "rehell." Oh my.
oh..hope it doesn't snow for the party. Wish I was a teacher, I use to love to see what gifts the kids brought to my DIL...
cute ornament.
Thanks Tara,
There has been some interesting verification words lately. rehell...hmmm...that one I need to ponder.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thank you Sandy,
Yeah, I feel so spoiled from all the gifts. Sometimes I feel guilty bringing home all those sweet gifts. But then I think....hey, I deserve it, right?
what a beautiful ornament...it looks lovely on your tree...and no one can turn down a coffee gift card...YUM!
I am all over a snow day too...but I will keep my fingers crossed the storm is late and arrives on Friday night so you can have your preschool celebration...we are going to watch Polar Express Friday afternoon with our kiddos...and drink hot cocoa & eat popcorn...a bit low key...but I am looking forward to it!
Don said parents yesterday asked what he'd do if there is a snow day Friday. I think they want the party today.
I can't wait to see what the students give Don this year, it's sweet imagining them picking out what they give. Your ornament is simple and sweet, and it looks like you can look at it front or back too.
I've got my toes crossed for your little ones that the snow holds off.
That really is a beautiful ornament!
I love all the handmade gifts that the children gave me when I worked at the Waldorf school. I thought of you the other day when I was at a little shop in downtown Binghamton; they were selling squirrel underpants! I thought it was funny, my daughter thought they were kind of creepy.
Tiff, that sounds like a prefect party to me. I love that movie! Noah and I saw it in 3-D at a big theater once. It was so cool! It looked like you could just reach out and grab the snowflakes:)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hi Ruth, Yes I'm hoping we will have school tomorrow. Then it's two weeks off!!! Yippee!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks Sharon, it's from the same family that gave me the Ms. Anet angel ornament. Different child, we've had 3 children from their family. Their dad is my family's eye doctor. Really nice family!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey Lisa Anne,
Squirrel underpants?!
That's too funny!
I'm keeping my eye out for some squirrel slippers, let me know if you ever come across some ;)
Anet that is the sweetest ornament.. I love it!!! I love when things are done simply and beautifully like this..
going to be lots of happy smiling faces tomorrow.. that makes it all worthwhile doesn't it.. have fun!!
Post a Comment