Thursday, December 18, 2008

Old family photos hang tag garland.

Last year I took some old photos of my parents and copied them. Then I made hang tags, pasted on the photos and decorated them with some Christmas scrap booking stickers. A very easy craft and I really love how vintage they look! I was going to hang them on the tree, but I decided to use them as a garland instead. Here are a few close ups: My Mom in her teens.

My dad reacting to his birthday cake at the bar he owned, Charlie's Bar.


My mom and her best friend. The one on the side is my mom working as a coat checker at my dad's other bar The Tropicana. Both of the bars were sold before I was born. Funny thing is my parents were not drinkers, thank goodness!

12 comments:

Tara said...

What a neat garland! I saw the picture in the last photo and saw a lot of Autumn. It reminds me of the portraits you posted of her this summer.

Jodi Anderson said...

Awww, this is a GREAT idea!

Lisa Anne said...

I really like this idea for gift tags, it might be fun to make some the next time we have a big family gathering.

Anet said...

Hi Tara,
Autumn and my mom do look alot alike. But what's really scary is they are two peas in a pod! They can drive me nutty sometimes!!!
Autumn adores her grandmother and grandma adores Autumn. They have a very special bond.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks So NOT Cool! :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey Lisa Anne,
That is a great idea! The kids would love to make these.
I was thinking about doing some pet photos next.

Gwen Buchanan said...

You are a never ending source of inspiration.. it is always a treat to see what you have made ... memories on a string...

A Slice of the Pie said...

What a fantastic idea!

Kel

sandy said...

What a neat idea. I always enjoy seeing people's old family photos!

There is a commonality that runs through them, I find.

Ruth said...

So very cool, Anet. I especially love the one of your mom and her best friend.

Ruth said...

Oh, and too bad about today's Christmas party!

Enjoy the snow though!

tiff said...

I love this...what a great way to hang garland...with a little history and a walk down memory lane.

You are so creative!

Anet said...

Thank you everyone! ;)

Sharon said...

It really is a neat idea. And how lucky for Autumn and Alice to have such kinship!

Blog Archive