Friday, December 19, 2008

All snug in their beds...

The children were all snug in there beds as visions of sugar plums danced in their heads...
I was up early to find out if it was a snow day and this is what I found.
Oh Harpo... I can not get it through your head that laying on the table is a naughty cat thing to do! He just makes himself comfy right on the table and he doesn't even care that I'm looking right at him giving him the "bad cat" lecture. Ho, hum...

So today is a snow day and there is no preschool Christmas party until we go back in Jan.
Noah is trying to convince me that if it's a snow day for public school kids then he should get the day off too. I have to think about that, sounds strange to me. Here's Sniffy braving the elements for some breakfast. I used to shovel her a path from her tree to the porch...crazy huh? Today is wrapping gifts day and I made a shopping list for cookies and fudge ingredients for next week's baking. I've learned not to bake to early before Christmas because kids eat them up before the big day. Have a warm and cozy day everyone!

12 comments:

RunninL8 said...

I had to laugh at my image of you and a tiny shovel making a lil path for sniffy!!!
Our cats are bad, too. Whenever we get up in the night to pee, as soon as our bedroom door opens you can hear those cats jump off the table and scatter to the winds!

Tara said...

I was thinking of the same thing as Running: you with a teeny tiny little Sniffy-sized shovel, making a path. I love you and Sniffy together. It's so sweet.
Well, I'm sorry the party is postponed. I wish the schools would have cancelled here. I spoke at career day at the high school this morning; the roads were a sheet of ice. Must have someone with Viking blood in charge of calling the district.
Stay warm and cozy!

PS. Snicket says Harpo, you aren't so bad. Last week mom caught me trying to nap in a basket of table napkins.

A Slice of the Pie said...

Bummer about the party. Whenever my kids use the same logic about snow days, I ask if they want to do everything like the public school kids? Of course we usually wind up taking more snow days than the school kids anyway!

Kel

Anet said...

Hi RunninL8,
Tiny shovel! lol!
My other two cats were pretty good until Harpo came along and corrupted them. I just don't want cats on my table or counter tops.
Harpo needs some butt whoopin'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi Tara, I know here they have only so many days they can use for snow days, so they use them sparingly. Which shouldn't be when it comes to safety! Snicket in the napkin basket, that is so funny!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey Kel, I tell Noah the same thing! Today I compromised with him. I read him a book about the Edmund Fitzgerald and we started double digit multiplications. He wanted to freak out when he looked at it, but then when I showed him how it's done, he said "Oh this is fun, it's not so hard!" That was our day... very short.

tiff said...

Oh I am jealous...a snow day...as then everyone would be at home...I am home with my little one that is very sick...so I am missing the festivities and the children are not getting their gifts from me...:(

Sniffy looks content...and well your cat...LOVE it! Naughty little kitty...giggle.

And really Anet...a shoveled path for Sniffy...you CRACK ME UP! that would make a good home video...especially if Sniffy was watching you...BIG GRINS :)

My boys' would ask the same thing when they were home schooled and the public school would call a late start or snow day(rare).

Sharon said...

Well I think shoveling a path for Sniffy is imperative. I mean you can't possible expect her to trudge through drifts. :)
Hope your storm isn't too bad!

Lisa said...

Don't you just love it when your animal gives you that look that says, "What!! You gotta problem or something?!!!" Harpo is too funny!

Jodi Anderson said...

I recently purchased a Scat Mat to help train the cats about jumping on the table, etc. I wish that stern looks were enough to deter that behavior, but it just isn't happening.

Keep cozy!

Gwen Buchanan said...

sorry about the childrens christmas party.. but now they will have something extra special to do when they return..

You are so organized... you amaze me!!!

denise said...

We had quite the storm too!

I actually go out every morning and shovel a path along our deck to throw extra birdseed. The birds all wait in the tree and along our gazebo frame - looking down on me waiting...uh, lady, BREAKFAST please! ;)

Anet said...

Hey Tiff, so we both missed our class parties today. What about all those cookies you baked? Did you get to send them in? I bet the children were disappointed without you there.

Sniffy is just so darn spoiled. She is starting to freak out people on the porch. She does a little dance in front of you like she going to attack! She just wants to see if you have a peanut. But it's kind of funny when the family complains about "your crazy squirrel..." :}

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well that's what I thought Sharon!
She moved across the street since the water pipe construction. So she just going to have to suffer...I'm not shoveling that much snow!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi Lisa,
Yeah that Harpo is a challenge! He thinks he's special for some reason. (nothing to do with us spoiling him too.)


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey Jodi, Scat mat...sounds interesting. I've never heard of one. You know, cat fur on the place mats is really kind of gross! I need to do something!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That's right Gwen, that's a very good way to look at it. A bit more holiday fun for them:)
Thanks!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi Denise,
Isn't it amazing the relationship we can have with nature? It makes me feel good that they know we are dependable and that some of us care. That is so sweet that the birds are ready and waiting for you!

sandy said...

I always love seeing photos around your place...and the banner is cool too.

Blog Archive