Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Ms. Anet, an angel? Why of course!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
I thought it would be fun to post an ornament a day/or so. I have a very eclectic tree. One year I saw a beautiful tree with all blue lights, teal, purple and gold ornaments on it. I wanted that tree! So I bought everything new and I didn't use any of our old stuff. The kids had a FIT the whole month of December and still complain about the "blue tree." It was beautiful, but never again. So I stick with the same old stuff; colored lights (a must on the tree) antique ornaments, All of the kids ornaments (bought and hand made) memories, and each year I add one or two new ones. You know, I really wouldn't want any other tree now. This one is just right.
This angel was a gift from a student, That's me, Ms. Anet!

I'd love to see your ornaments!

13 comments:

tiff said...

I will jump right in when I unload all my ornaments...I don't have many, as I tend to filter as the years go by...

love the angel ornament and love all the colors...your header is fantastic!

Sharon said...

Count me in too once we hang them, Ms. Anet. :)

~Molly~ said...

I've got a handful of ornaments that my mom painted when I was a toddler, the three bears(no goldilocks for some reason), little red riding hood, humpty dumpty, the winnie the pooh characters(except kanga and owl), and several others. I LOVE them and can't imagine a tree without them. Most of the store-bought ornaments, both new and older, have fallen apart or been broken and not just the plastic ones but the wooden and ceramic things too. I'd love to replace them but not at the expense of buying a bunch of "made in china" crap. I'm thinking felt things(and I've got a few of those from my childhood) like camels, bears, mice, santas, deer, cats(of course), and other easy shapes.

I'll definitely post some of my faves when we get them out!! An ornament a day sounds like a great idea too!

Molly

Amy Bradstreet said...

I just might have to do the same, Anet, great idea!

I've never understood the theme trees or new trees and ornaments each year. We'd be so sad. Our tree is packed with ornaments, all special.

Anet said...

Yay! I'm glad you all are joining in. It will be Christmas around the country!

************

Thanks Tiff,
I have a bunch that stay in the box, I should weed them out when I pack up this year. Can't wait to see Christmas in Colorado:)

****************

Glad your joining in, Ms. Sharon ;)
I once subbed for Noah's class and he called me Ms. Mom all day. Funny guy!
************************

Hey Molly, I can't wait to see them! You know it's so weird, Noah, Brad and I were checking out our Christmas stuff to see where it was made. China! Almost everything is made in China. What the heck do we make here?

****************************

I will love to see your tree Amy, I bet it is just full of love and memories:)

***************************

denise said...

Cute!

We don't have our main tree up yet, but once we do...

Ruth said...

Fun idea, Ms. Mom. :)

For years the kids and Don wanted only colored lights. Then it evolved to white lights, which we have now. And last year our beautiful balsam fir made Peter react with an allergy so bad we had to get an artificial one. :( But there are easy things about it! Like built in lites. So I'll adjust. We give the kids a new ornament every year, sometimes from our vacation spots. So we go down Memory Lane when we unpack them. This year we get to give one to our future son-in-law too!

This is the first year Lesley has her own place, and when I asked her if she wanted to take her ornaments back with her after Christmas, she said "no! We'll start our own tree." I guess they belong with us, even though I always thought of them as "theirs."

Ruth said...

I joined your ornament society in my post today. :)

Lisa Anne said...

We don't put up our tree until just before Christmas but I am very sentimental about certain ornaments. When I was a single mom, we almost always had a small tree so we don't have a lot of ornaments. Now we like to go and cut our own tree down and make a fun day of decorating, it is amazing how those few ornaments go a long way, I just can't bring myself to buy new ones, every year we add a few new homemade ones.

I go back and forth about colored lights vs. white lights, last year I put up colored ones and Amelia raised quite a stink.

Tara said...

What a fun idea, Ms. Anet! I can't wait to see which ornaments you choose to share. Love this little angel and what it represents. I bet all your students just love you to bits.

Anet said...

Hi Everyone, glad to hear more of you are joining in. :)

Isn't funny how kids are set in their ways about Christmas?!
I would love to have white lights on my tree someday.

Gwen Buchanan said...

Oh lovely I'm adding you to the angel link on my angel post...

your tree sounds like it is made of memories...

RunninL8 said...

Looks like I have the same idea as a lot of folks! I better get clickin! I LOVE looking at other peoples ornaments! A little peek inside hearth and soul...

Blog Archive