Tuesday, November 11, 2008

You're Such a Square!

I know, I know! My blog is turned into a homeschooling blog lately. There's not much else happening around here. If anything exciting does happen I'll be sure to throw it in. So back to homeschooling. Noah spent time with a square... NO, not me! Real squares. He looked at salt up close and discovered that the grains are square shaped.


This is no magic trick, it's balancing on a few square grains of salt!

Mathematical square robot....compute...compute....OVERLOAD!!!

Learning to draw a cube.

Square tower.

We Love Squares!

9 comments:

tiff said...

oh to be a square...

love this post...and fun to see what Noah is up to! the stacked cubes are awesome.

Sharon said...

Great perspective on that cube Noah!

When your mom and I were young there was a song called "It's hip to be square" by Huey Lewis and the News :)

Ruth said...

I don't remember learning the connections like this between science and math and all. All we had were those uncreative purple ditto worksheets.

Tara said...

Very cool! I love the glass balanced on the salt. Great cube drawing too. I always love to see what's happening in other homeschools. Thanks for sharing your bad square selves...

Tammy said...

Very nice! How the heck did Noah get a glass to balance like that on a couple of grains of salt????

Amy Bradstreet said...

: > @ ruth--purple ditto sheets...ahh, memories--but not of math, sadly.

Noah's one cool dude.

Anet said...

Hey Tiff, square is good!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi Sharon, he was amazed how easy it was to draw a cube with the help of a ruler.
It is hip to be square!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey Ruth, I hate ditto worksheets!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi Tara, thanks!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tammy, it was so strange, a few tries and it balanced, snap a picture and then it fell over. We could not for the life of us get it to balance again. You should give it a try. It doesn't take much salt.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks Amy. No dittos allowed at this homeschool!

Ruth said...

They did smell good though. Mmmmm. I may not have danced, but I knew how to sniff me some good ditto sheets.

:D

Anet said...

Oh yeah! They did smell good. Kind made you light headed a bit. The highlight of my day!

Blog Archive