Noah had a homeschool class today at the nature center. The topic was Night Creatures. Owls were a big part of the presentation...too bad they were all stuffed owls. We did get to hear a CD of night creature sounds. Skunks make a terrifying noise!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A day time animal is called diurnal. I didn't know that!
We have never spent so much time in the woods and out in nature as we've had since Noah has started homeschooling. I love this way of life. Yes, it's loads of work but it's worth every second of it. I love that my little guy is reading more, discovering more, learning faster. All of this and he can snuggle warm in his bed and wake when it's natural for him to wake. Yes, I think we'll stick with homeschooling for awhile.
Tomorrow is science lab at the Science center. They will be learning about liquid nitro. I think I'll sit in on that one. He's a busy kid.... He's not stuck in the and he is socializing with all kinds of kids. He's made several good homeschool buddies.
I still worry about a few certain relatives that think we're crazy. Maybe I should show them my blog so they can see what homeschooling is like for Noah or.... maybe not.




5 comments:
LOL....love the last photo of the girls walking arm-in-arm and the boys at the back being so "cool" and "nonchalant." Kids are so fun to watch.....
Good job Noah! You are one cool diurnal dude. :)
Hey Tammy, aren't they fun!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I don't know Sharon, I swear sometime he's nocturnal.
He was sleep walking the other night. I woke up at 1:00am and he was standing next to my bed not saying a word. I said "Noah?" He said "Am I waiting for reading?" I said "Ummm...no, it's time for sleeping. "Oh" he said. I walked him back to his bed. He doesn't remember this happening.
I love all the neat things you and Noah are doing for school and am envious of the large homeschooling group you are part of. How awesome.
And the relatives? I can relate.
just waving hi....
can't wait to surf around easier, ...
Post a Comment