*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*
We loved RunninL8's at Mountain Pulse Native American Dice so we decided to make some ourselves. Now ours are not as cute as hers, for one I could not for the life of me get the walnuts to break in half with crushing them up. So we came up with the idea of coloring one side of almonds (with the nut still in them.) It worked great! Also it was a slushy yucky day outside and we didn't want to hunt for sticks, so we used some balsa wood stick that we already had. We used markers to decorate the nuts and the sticks. To play our version of the game goes like this: Each player starts with ten sticks. If you roll three nuts up and three down, you get to take one stick from the other person. If you roll all up or all down you get to take two sticks. Any other combo you take zero sticks. The idea is to get all the sticks. After awhile, we decided the next person who rolled all up or all down gets all of the other person's sticks to end the game quicker. Noah won. darn! Runnin18 has some other fun ways to play this game. I'm sure there are lots of fun combos you could think up. We will add this game to our line up for the Ghost Supper, a prefect game for us.
~~~~~Thanks RunninL8 for this fun game!~~~~~ 




8 comments:
You're welcome-great improvising!!
Looks GREAT!
I can smell them now! Loved catching up here.
The game looks great!
We made cinnamon ornaments last year - they STILL smell good! Now I want to make more! ;)
;) RunninL8
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey Sandy,
It's good to hear from you! Hope your computer is all better now.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hi Denise,
This game is really fun. We've played it twice today. Noah has won both times, so I think I'm have a streak of bad luck!
I think I'm going to try your ornament recipe. We'll have to hang them out of the dog's reach though! :)
More fun happenings over at Anet and Noah's homeschool! Your house must smell fantastic.
Love...LOVE...LOVE the ornaments...I am making a plan to do this with my kinders for gifts for their families...but my recipe has tacky glue in it...hmmm...I might give your recipe a whirl.
Love the Native American Dice...saw them over at RunninL8 and thought what a cool game! Glad you and Noah took it on. FUN! FUN! FUN!
Hey Sharon,
That's great! They are prefect ornaments for a tree in a log cabin! They are really simple and fun to make. I like quick and easy project. The dogs would have nice smelling breath if they did eat one and maybe a tummy ache.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hi Tara,
A bit over whelming for me, I had to turn on the vent fan while they were in the oven. But now they smell just right!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yeah Tiff,
I saw a recipe with the glue in it. I have never tried it that way. Not sure which recipe is better.
This is a great project for your K class. One time when Autumn was little we did a gingerbread man cookie shape and then used white paint and sparkles to add the details after they cooled. Very cute!
Have a great Thanksgiving!
Post a Comment