Nothing fancy, a simple double stitch. It's really a relaxing activity for me. I wish I knew how to knit though. I need someone to teach me. I'm a hands on learner. I tried a to learn from a book. It was so confusing!
Thursday, October 9, 2008
Ugly scarf and Boogieman a.k.a Boo
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




16 comments:
I LOVE to crochet, it's very soothing and relaxing to me, too. Can't knit to save my soul. lol
My Lesley taught herself to knit, and I am amazed by the projects she tackles, like a baby sweater just completed. I used to knit a wee bit, but my wrists are so bad with carpal tunnel (and tendonitis I think) that I can't any more. Boohoo. I love the craft, and it makes me sad I can't do it. :(
Boo is so cute! He looks like my Snicket...
I can't crochet at all. I can never remember what to do at the end of a row (make extra, don't make any extra) so my crocheting has very uneven edges!
Same here Tammy!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ruth, Lesley is so gifted when it comes to textile stuff! I am just too dense I guess to get it. The books seem like they are written in a foreign language to me.
It is sad when we can no longer do the things we love because of our bodies. I have arthritis that flares up every once in awhile and it makes it hard to do certain things. I get mad at myself.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks Tara, Boo is a big 26lbs. He needs to be on a diet!
When I crochet, I always use two stitches at the ends of the rows.
Then turn and start the new row. I count my stitches also to make sure I have the right number. Like the scarf I'm making now has 17 sticthes and then I chain two, turn and start the next row of 17.
Mine are never prefect;)
I am NOT a good knitter. The tension is so different from crochet that it throws me off. I taught myself to crochet a few years ago when my mom "inherited" my grandmother's crochet hooks(she was going to decorate with them in a jar or something). Somehow they didn't manage to make it home with her.
My first afghan has the most wonky edges in the world!!! I mean bad. Now I know how to end a row but I rarely count stitches unless there is an increase I need to do(like my batwing shawl).
Love Mr. Boo, what a handsome kitty.
Molly, also a sucker for a tri-corner hat.
Before my grandmother passed away, she helped me learn to knit. I had already been taught to crochet, but knitting was perplexing me. I tried a kid's knitting book called something like "Anyone can knit" and well, I still couldn't do it. Tried online photo tutorials and more books before finally getting it with my grandmother's help. It took years, but it eventually clicked.
Me too. I have started knitting, but need to watch someones hands. I am starting to spin my own yarn and have someone coming over to just sit and do it for 45 minutes so I can 'see' it! ;)
Nice scarf!
I crochet...but hardly take the time...i use to do christmas stockings and throws(blankets)...now my needles are a wee bit dusty. I too would love to learn to knit...but I am not sure I have the patience...ha :)
Great pick of "Boo!"
hey what do you mean "ugly" scarf.. it looks thick, bouncy, scrunchy, soft, and warm .....
and besides, it matches Boo! it's perfect!!
That scarf looks so SOFT! I like it! Tisn't ugly!!!
I PROMISE myself I will learn to knit this winter....
It's too bad we couldn't all gather at my house and have Gwen show us how to knit. It looks like we could all use a little hands on learning.
I'd make hot cider:)
Well I'd be glad to show you what i know but I bet another of the bloggers is much more of a pro than me.. so I'll be there for pointers, too...
oh how lovely it would be to all get together and learn to knit...sipping hot cider...i would bring the spice cookies to dip in pumpkin dip...yummers!
Anet,
I couldn't take it anymore. You need to know how to knit! I went and found this tutorial for you on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuRLFl36tDY&feature=related
It's the Continental method I mentioned earlier. The woman even says it's easier for people who crochet to use this way to knit.
Maybe give it a try?
You've inspired me. I'm going to learn to crochet properly this year!
Oh Gwen, I would just be happy to spend time with you!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey Tiff, Wouldn't that be wonderful! The spice cookie and pumpkin dip sounds out of this world!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks Tara! I'm so excited to watch and learn this method. I need to find my knitting needles and check it out. I'll let you know how it turns out. :)
Wow!! Tara and Anet, This is an amazing clear instructional video.. I never knew about the Continental method.. so so so much simpler.. It makes me want to grab my needles too!! thanks... I'm saving these instructions..
Lovely get-together with cookies, cider and knitting tips.. great!!!
Post a Comment