Saturday, October 11, 2008

Haunted House




13 comments:

Tammy said...

VERY cool. :)

Tara said...

I LOVE it! Our decorations are a little more tame, as Tess gets creeped out pretty easily. I hope you will be having a party to show off how awesome your house is right now.

Sharon said...

That is very cool! I LOVE the lighting and that rat looks real.

Lisa said...

I love it! That rat does look real!

~Molly~ said...

Gads that is SCARY!!!! I love it!!

Tomorrow I plan to hit the goodwills to see what spookiness I can conjure up, wish me luck!

Molly

tiff said...

omg...when i first went to your site i thought your mantel was on fire...ha :)

my boys' would love to be at your house...your house is so festive...that rat in a jar...that is perfect! (is it real...giggle)

Anet said...

Hi Everyone!
The rat is just plastic. The lighting is a string of orange lights with a garland of orange silk leaves over them. It makes a cool glow.
Noah is a little freaked out by the Martha Washington portrait hanging above the fireplace. He swears she watches him everywhere he goes. Hehehe!
I'm not planning a party, but I'm letting Autumn take all of the indoor stuff to Kevin's (boyfriend) house for a party they are having on Halloween.

Hey Sharon, your squirrel is so.... darn cute! And your cats are hilarious! I just had to let you know:)

Hi Molly, That's how I find most of my stuff... the portrait, the candle stick, the glass jars. Oh and I bought some cheese cloth, tea dyed it and ripped it up to make the mantel scarf. A small amount of cob webs for the finishing touch. Good luck!

Gwen Buchanan said...

Are you sure you aren't a set designer.. the glow... very twilight feeling!

Lisa Anne said...

Now that is just fun! I have never been into decorating like that but I always think it is fun when other people do.

A Slice of the Pie said...

Oh, what an awesome scene you've set. We have an October birthday in my house and we are doing a "haunted house" and "seance" next weekend. You've given me some inspiration. Thanks!!

Anet said...

Thanks Gwen, No, but I'd sure love to be a set designer!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi Lisa Anne, thanks I'm glad you like it:)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`
Hey Slice of Pie,
Sounds scary! I hope the spirits don't decide to stick around afterwards! Have fun!!!

sandy said...

Whoa!!! that's cool. I would spend every evening sitting there communing with the ghosties.

sandy said...

hahahahhaa and oh!!! that mouse...

hahahahahahahahha.

Blog Archive