Great drawing Noah! You know my first blog post ever was about an owl that I got to hold. He was just a little guy but if you want to see him here's the link: http://www.onesmallsquare.com/2008/03/me -and-jeff.html
Love the artwork! Great job, Noah. We just went to an owl program at the parks the other night. A woman who rehabs injured owls was there with a team of four birds who could not be released due to permanent injuries, so she uses them for education. We got to see a Screech, Barn, Barred and Great Horned. It was really cool.
Oh Kayla went through a HUGE owl phase last year. lol Thought it was never going to end. One thing we did was order 2 owl pellets to dissect. Owl pellets are regurgitated and not pooped out if that helps out in the not so gross factor. We literally found at least a hundred bones in just 2 pellets. Oh, forgot to mention we bought the owl bone charts that show what animal each type of bone belongs to and what bone it actually is. We still have a few of those charts left. If you decide to disect some pellets, email me and I'll send you a chart, ok?
Thanks Tammy, Noah dissected owl pellets this summer at Harry Potter camp. We still have the contents of what he found somewhere around here. The chart sounds really fun! It would be fun to do some at home and check the chart. I'll send you an e-mail with our address, that will be great. I'll check into ordering some owl puke!
That's a beautiful picture, looks like he made a sort of collage! Yay! :)
I've learned some things about owls here! From your post and the comments. We have owls out here, but I've only heard them call to each other, haven't seen them.
Oh, cool. Love the owl artwork. We have seen a few owls recently, and they are not usually obvious during the day around here...wonder what kind of winter is coming...
Oh your owl is so great, Noah. Olivia's into owls right now, too. We've done the owl pellet thing--did you find mouse skeletons? Kinda smelly, too. We went to a Chewonki owl class and one of the sawet owls pooped on my husband's foot. It was very funny.
I am learning all the time. The tombstone will be my diploma. ~Eartha Kitt
Education consist of mainly what we've unlearned.
~Mark Twain
A watched child never learns.
~Robert Brault
Welcome!
Hello!~Aaniin! ~Bonjour!
I'm a homeschooling mom with 3 kids. The two oldest have graduated from homeschool. Our oldest now owns her own Photography business. Our middle son is in college studying
Culinary Arts and the youngest son age 11 is an Interest Led Homeschooler, who loves history! and this is our family's homeschool journal... The Purple Squirrel.
We are an Ojibwe/French family and we love to celebrate our heritage, learning the language, customs and honoring our ancestors.
We travel about our lives on planet Earth and learn from every place, every person and every situation we happen upon. I like to refer to us as Earth Learners.
We read, write, discover, roam the woods, sleep in late, if we feel like it. We cook and do chores. We love to learn about different cultures and our elder brothers (the animals and the plants.) My job as homeschooling mom is to trust. Trust my kids will grow into intelligent, caring, responsible adults.
Fingers crossed! ~
Spring Equinox March 20 Summer Solstice June 21
Autumn Equinox September 23
Winter Solstice December 22
Tapping Sugar Maples
Spring Equinox
Our nature circle
Summer Solstice
Hiking at Fenner
Autumn Equinox
The Yule Battle
Winter Solstice/Yule
Homeschooling!
Here's just a few homeschooling highlights. Click on the photos to see the post. Also, there are many more homeschool post if you click on the homeschool label link on this page.
Build your own compass
Panning for Gold
Fort: Homestead
Playing Civil War in the woods
Civil War Muster 2008
Civil War Drummer boy, Halloween Historic Greenfield Village 2008
15 comments:
Great drawing Noah! You know my first blog post ever was about an owl that I got to hold. He was just a little guy but if you want to see him here's the link:
http://www.onesmallsquare.com/2008/03/me
-and-jeff.html
Hey Sharon, That owl is so cute! I'd have wanted to keep him.
Love the artwork! Great job, Noah.
We just went to an owl program at the parks the other night. A woman who rehabs injured owls was there with a team of four birds who could not be released due to permanent injuries, so she uses them for education. We got to see a Screech, Barn, Barred and Great Horned. It was really cool.
Oh Kayla went through a HUGE owl phase last year. lol Thought it was never going to end. One thing we did was order 2 owl pellets to dissect. Owl pellets are regurgitated and not pooped out if that helps out in the not so gross factor. We literally found at least a hundred bones in just 2 pellets. Oh, forgot to mention we bought the owl bone charts that show what animal each type of bone belongs to and what bone it actually is. We still have a few of those charts left. If you decide to disect some pellets, email me and I'll send you a chart, ok?
Thanks Tammy, Noah dissected owl pellets this summer at Harry Potter camp. We still have the contents of what he found somewhere around here. The chart sounds really fun! It would be fun to do some at home and check the chart. I'll send you an e-mail with our address, that will be great. I'll check into ordering some owl puke!
Wow...you definitely have an artist on your hands...that is frame worthy!
Owls are amazing creatures...and incredibly beautiful!
That's a beautiful picture, looks like he made a sort of collage! Yay! :)
I've learned some things about owls here! From your post and the comments. We have owls out here, but I've only heard them call to each other, haven't seen them.
oh Noah, Do you know how much I love this? I'm glad you find Owls so worthy of study... I do too...
you are a wonderful Artist.. You impress me everyday!!
I did an owl not too long ago too... Here is my owl...
gwenbuchanan.blogspot.com/2008/08/spotted-owl.html
You know I think our owls look kind of cool together!!!
High Five!!!
Oh, cool. Love the owl artwork. We have seen a few owls recently, and they are not usually obvious during the day around here...wonder what kind of winter is coming...
That Noah is a doll and he did a great drawing. I assume you display his art somewhere?
Thank you everyone, Noah really appreciates the nice comments.
~~~~~~~~~~
Gwen,
Noah just gushed when he saw your adorable owl. I remember that sweet thing! He really found the owl skulls fascinating.
~~~~~~~~
Hey Sandy,
We have filled the stairwell and the upstairs hallway with his art.
Now we are working on the small entry way by the side door. :)
naoh:his name is hootin :)
Oh your owl is so great, Noah. Olivia's into owls right now, too. We've done the owl pellet thing--did you find mouse skeletons? Kinda smelly, too. We went to a Chewonki owl class and one of the sawet owls pooped on my husband's foot. It was very funny.
Hey Amy, Noah laughed so hard when we read the part about the owl pooping on your husband's foot!
Hey Girlie,
Email me, would you(whoooo)? reynoldshomeschool@yahoo.com.
Thanks!
Post a Comment