Sunday, October 5, 2008

Obama set free from the claw machine!

Caleb won this Obama doll for me from a claw machine....6 quarters....priceless! Hopefully he'll be worth $$$$ someday!
Oh yeah, I took this photo with my new 10 mega pixel fuji camera!!!
An early birthday gift from Brad, so I could take it on our Halloween/Birthday weekend trip coming up soon. Awesome, compared to the old 3.2 m.p. I was using.
I am so excited! I still need to read the manual and figure out all the buttons.

11 comments:

denise said...

Oh, awesome birthday gift...very exciting!

Yeah - that doll is a keeper!

Ruth said...

Cute Obama doll, hehe! I got a campaign pin at the rally that says "Barack to the Future" with the "Back to the Future" design.

So you have a Halloweenish birthday? My sister-in-law's birthday is October 31. No wonder you enjoy all the Halloween decor!

Gwen Buchanan said...

Aren't you the lucky one.. great souvenir and a new camera.. exciting!!
I know what you mean about figuring out all the dials and buttons.. they can do so much now.. I still haven't figured out everything mine can do & I bought it in the spring.. Hope it lasts long enough to.. It sure has taken a lot of pictures!!

Have fun with it!!!

Anet said...

Thanks Denise... as soon as I figure out all the bells and whistles maybe I'll be taking some good photos:)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi Ruth,
Noah and I share the same birthday Oct 21st. He was born five weeks early right on my birthday.
So for the past five years now we go somewhere for a birthday weekend. We try to find something fun to do with a Halloween theme to it.
Oh yeah, Caleb's birthday is the day after Halloween on Alls Saints Day, Nov 1st. He was four weeks early!

Anet said...

Thanks Gwen:)

RunninL8 said...

O.M.G.!!!!! I want one!!! I gonna go to the Safeway and see if the claw machine has any!!!



OOOO! What if they have a McCain or a Palin!?!!? What fun could be had!!!!

I'm still waiting for the McCain and Palin talking/singing greeting carsd!! I have all of the Bush ones!

Anet said...

Hey Runnin18, The claw machine was at a Dennys restaurant and they only had Obama dolls. McCain or Palin would be so fun...voodoo dolls.

Ruth said...

Haha, voodoo dolls. :D

Five weeks and four weeks early, that's early! Did they get to come home from the hospital right away? Wow.

I can see more reasons for the incredible bond you and Noah have now! Do you keep a birthday log of what you do?

In case I forget, Happy Birthday early to both you and Noah. :)

Anet said...

Thanks Ruth!
Both boys had to stay in the N.I.C.U. for awhile. It was tough!
Caleb stayed 23 days, came home for two, then we had to take him back and he stayed another week.

Noah stayed ten days, he was born on my birthday and came home on Caleb's birthday.

Caleb did well after he was home.
Noah had to have a PDA closed when he was three. (A duct to your heart that should close shortly after you are born, his didn't close.) So his heart was enlarged, He's doing great now:)

You are right Ruth, Noah and I do have a really close bond. I tell him that he's my birthday gift from God!

Amy Bradstreet said...

What a crazy thing to find in a claw machine at Denny's--who knew? And I'm with runnin18, so many creative things one could do with Palinshovel/McSame dolls.

Ahh, so you and Noah are cusp babies, Libra/Scorpio, very interesting. Oh, happy camera dance to you--I highly recommend the ISO setting, you'll love it.

Anet said...

Hey Amy,
Ahhh! yes we are cusp babies...I think that makes us a little crazy! Not sure which horoscope to read sometimes! Just who are we really???
I found the ISO setting on the camera now I need to ask Autumn what to do with it!

Blog Archive