Love that raven! It's great that you can decorate your yard early. I have to put all my decorations up and take them down in one day so things don't get stolen! The last two years I just said heck with it and didn't decorate because it's a ton of work for one day.
I picked up a load of antique canning jars from a small neighboring town and, while the drive was lovely, there were McCain and "N'Obama" signs all over. Now that's really scary!
I love that raven too!!Noah must love this.. so much fun for kids!!
What Tara said sounds scarey!! about the "N"Obamba signs.. I am getting more worried about this by the day.. I sure hope that McCain and his tight leather-skirted assistant does not get in.. What a outfit for a televised vice -presidential debate.. they really have something kooky cooking...
I sure hope the majority of the people have enough intelligence to get on the right track!!!!...... and I don't even live in the U.S.!!!
Thanks Tammy, It's a work in progress...more to come!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You know Tara I've had things stolen too, my little gnome village was taken by some idiot this summer. I won't be surprised if something is missing from the yard this Halloween. I hope not.
Yeah there are areas around that are diffently McCain country. It is very scary!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks Gwen... it is so sweet how much you care for us. I just can't wait for it to be over. I remember I cried four years ago, I just could believe we had another term with Bush. I don't want more of the McSame with McBush and Ms. Palin. I will have a melt down!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey Ruth, Well that figures, doesn't it. I am already trying to calm down an ulcer!
My neighborhood is like that too...one lady used to cry and moan and groan about how hard it was - they thought moving to the east side would mean more conservative (we live in a pretty liberal college town), but alas, no. They actually moved because our neighborhood was too much...ya know.
Ha.
What great decor! We haven't done much yet - the boys are just old enough to realize the potential with home decoration for the holiday, so are pressing to get some stuff!
Oh nice, love the decorations!! and the pics of your yard and Obama sign. Congrats to Caleb for that doll he got...I bet that will be worth something some day ...a long time from now, but definitely when he's a grandpa himself.
Thanks everyone! One McCain sign went up on our street today, Goofballs! So that's 6 Obamas to 1 McCain. It would of been fun to stay an Obama only street!!!
I am learning all the time. The tombstone will be my diploma. ~Eartha Kitt
Education consist of mainly what we've unlearned.
~Mark Twain
A watched child never learns.
~Robert Brault
Welcome!
Hello!~Aaniin! ~Bonjour!
I'm a homeschooling mom with 3 kids. The two oldest have graduated from homeschool. Our oldest now owns her own Photography business. Our middle son is in college studying
Culinary Arts and the youngest son age 11 is an Interest Led Homeschooler, who loves history! and this is our family's homeschool journal... The Purple Squirrel.
We are an Ojibwe/French family and we love to celebrate our heritage, learning the language, customs and honoring our ancestors.
We travel about our lives on planet Earth and learn from every place, every person and every situation we happen upon. I like to refer to us as Earth Learners.
We read, write, discover, roam the woods, sleep in late, if we feel like it. We cook and do chores. We love to learn about different cultures and our elder brothers (the animals and the plants.) My job as homeschooling mom is to trust. Trust my kids will grow into intelligent, caring, responsible adults.
Fingers crossed! ~
Spring Equinox March 20 Summer Solstice June 21
Autumn Equinox September 23
Winter Solstice December 22
Tapping Sugar Maples
Spring Equinox
Our nature circle
Summer Solstice
Hiking at Fenner
Autumn Equinox
The Yule Battle
Winter Solstice/Yule
Homeschooling!
Here's just a few homeschooling highlights. Click on the photos to see the post. Also, there are many more homeschool post if you click on the homeschool label link on this page.
Build your own compass
Panning for Gold
Fort: Homestead
Playing Civil War in the woods
Civil War Muster 2008
Civil War Drummer boy, Halloween Historic Greenfield Village 2008
14 comments:
I LOVE the decorated yard! Oh, and the signs too, ;)
Love that raven! It's great that you can decorate your yard early. I have to put all my decorations up and take them down in one day so things don't get stolen! The last two years I just said heck with it and didn't decorate because it's a ton of work for one day.
I picked up a load of antique canning jars from a small neighboring town and, while the drive was lovely, there were McCain and "N'Obama" signs all over. Now that's really scary!
I love that raven too!!Noah must love this.. so much fun for kids!!
What Tara said sounds scarey!! about the "N"Obamba signs.. I am getting more worried about this by the day.. I sure hope that McCain and his tight leather-skirted assistant does not get in.. What a outfit for a televised vice -presidential debate.. they really have something kooky cooking...
I sure hope the majority of the people have enough intelligence to get on the right track!!!!......
and I don't even live in the U.S.!!!
Yeah, we're all going to be guzzling Pepto Bismol for the next 30 days - nerve wracking!
Don noted that on his drive home from Okemos today the only McCain signs he saw were in front of the 2 million dollar estates close to town.
Your Halloween decorations are fun!
Thanks Tammy, It's a work in progress...more to come!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You know Tara I've had things stolen too, my little gnome village was taken by some idiot this summer. I won't be surprised if something is missing from the yard this Halloween. I hope not.
Yeah there are areas around that are diffently McCain country. It is very scary!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks Gwen... it is so sweet how much you care for us. I just can't wait for it to be over. I remember I cried four years ago, I just could believe we had another term with Bush.
I don't want more of the McSame with McBush and Ms. Palin. I will have a melt down!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey Ruth, Well that figures, doesn't it.
I am already trying to calm down an ulcer!
My neighborhood is like that too...one lady used to cry and moan and groan about how hard it was - they thought moving to the east side would mean more conservative (we live in a pretty liberal college town), but alas, no. They actually moved because our neighborhood was too much...ya know.
Ha.
What great decor! We haven't done much yet - the boys are just old enough to realize the potential with home decoration for the holiday, so are pressing to get some stuff!
Oh nice, love the decorations!! and the pics of your yard and Obama sign. Congrats to Caleb for that doll he got...I bet that will be worth something some day ...a long time from now, but definitely when he's a grandpa himself.
love the halloween yard decorations...our boys' would love for us to do the same...but...probably not much more than the usual jack-o-lantern or two.
as for the obama signs...i think carbondale is mostly obama bound...phew...i think we picked the right place to live!
I never thought about it before but political signs in a yard at Halloween seems scary! Doubly so when it's a presidential election year.
I hope to get all decrorated this week for Halloween, but it may not happen, so I am a wee bit jealous of your graveyard.
I love the graveyard! I love your new header photos as well! Halloween is so much fun.
That display is AWESOMWE!!!!
I love your decorations! You're so good. And the signs--fingers crossed...Go Obama!
Thanks everyone! One McCain sign went up on our street today, Goofballs!
So that's 6 Obamas to 1 McCain.
It would of been fun to stay an Obama only street!!!
How encouraging!
We're in ultra-republican country here.
You're given me hope!!
Post a Comment