Sunday, October 12, 2008

An Autumn Sunday Drive

My husband said "Let's go for a drive and check out the color since gas is cheap." I don't know when we got it in our brains that $3.13 a gal. is cheap gas but I said "Okay!" Of course Noah is in the backseat not understanding the need to drive around and waste his precious time looking at trees! I remember when Autumn and Caleb balked at our "little drives." Hang in there Noah, you'll be old enough soon to be left at home and Mom & Dad can go in peace!





Not quite peek here in Mid-Michigan. But it was a beautiful sunny day in the 80's.
We saw sheep, goats, alpacas, cows and horses.
We had a nice drive in the country, it's good for the soul to get out of the city once in awhile.
I hope everyone enjoyed their weekend!

Oh yes, at the end of the drive, Noah exclaimed from his backseat; " Oh, I just love the country!" Oh really?

13 comments:

Tara said...

We went to the naturealm this morning to hand feed the chickadees and it was so pretty. Blue skies, amazing leaves and the birds ate from our hands nonstop. At first Tess was dragging her feet but in the end she was happy she went too. Kind of like Noah.
Thanks for sharing these beautiful pictures!

Tammy said...

Gorgeous photos. I really love the last tree and the barn, too.

I'm FREEEEEEZING today, no long drive for me! :)

Lisa Anne said...

Oh, it has been such an amazing fall weekend here too. We are just west of the Catskills and we drove through them on Saturday. Amazing view after amazing view, I haven't figured out how to take photos while I am driving the car, yet.
Thanks for sharing your drive through the country.

Sharon said...

Wow........it's about 25 degrees here and completely snow covered. What a beautiful drive. Looks like you've mastered the camera too!

Gwen Buchanan said...

So wonderful to see the autumn on your drive.. and Noah recognized it for its beauty as you showed him with your appreciation... so sweet!

We traveled today too Anet,(The sun was beaming and the trees are a bit past their prime)... to my mom's for a beautiful Thanksgiving dinner. She prepared vegetables from her garden together with a golden turkey... and desserts to no end... with her great grandchildren toddling around under foot sneaking bits of food left in their grasp.. it was rather delightful to see the ages.. I am grateful for it..

Anet said...

Hey Tara, I would love to have chickadees eating right from my hand. That is so cool!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks Tammy, I hope you'll warm up again to enjoy some more fall fun:)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lisa Anne, I bet it's just gorgeous there! I was taking pictures and drive through our busy downtown area once! Pretty nutty!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Awe, Sharon I feel sad that you already have snow! I do like snow but only for about a month and then I'm over it! I would especially hate it in my October!!!
It snowed once on my 18th birthday. Oh yes and I had a flat tire that day too!
The camera is sooo.... great! It's really easy. There is a scenery setting and I just shoot! I could of never taken those photos with my old camera. Stay warm!:)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh Gwen that sounds like a wonderful day! The dinner, the family. Truly a blessing!
Happy Thanksgiving to you. I am thankful for your friendship!

Hmmm.... I'm thinking your Thanksgiving must have a different meaning than ours? It's not about the Pilgrims and the Native American's feast is it?

tiff said...

Wow...beautiful trees...lovely sunday drives...peace!

It is like pulling teeth to get our boys' to go with us just down the road 10 miles...I think they had about enough driving with all that we had to do in Alaska to get anywhere...and then the long haul from Alaska to Colorado.

I think Noah, Keegan and Rohnan would be happy together just hangin' in the country!

Anet said...

Thanks Tiff! I could see how your boys would need a BIG break from car rides! That was a huge trip for them.
I bet they would have a blast together! :) Noah loves playing Civil War soldiers, in the woods is even better!

sandy said...

Love the drive around, with you.!!!

We went out today looking for fall colors and none were to be found anywhere, yet!

Ruth said...

Anet, I laughed at your comment about not knowing when we got it in our brains that $3.13/gallon is cheap gas! We say that all the time too. And I laughed again at Noah's cap on the day, so cute.

It was an incredibly beautiful weekend, wasn't it! All day yesterday, with the doors wide open, hanging laundry outside, I was in heaven.

Your photos are beautiful with your new camera! Fun fun fun.

Stephanie said...

The first part of your post made me laugh - "wasting his time looking at trees"...
:)
I'm glad I stopped by (via Growing Naturally) and I'll be back.
Stephanie

denise said...

Lovely photos!

We are not peak here yet either - but we visited Minneapolis over the weekend and the drive up there was stunning and everywhere we went there I felt like gasping - Oh!, Oh!, Oh!... ;)

Gwen Buchanan said...

Hi Anet, Our Thanksgiving in Canada is about the Harvest and just being Thankful .. We don't have any Pilgrims.. I think it was a few decades or later than that before some Americans moved up here.. They were the Loyalists... But they didn't particularly have anything to do with Thanksgiving...
have a good day!!

Blog Archive