Saturday, September 13, 2008

Please help, we need your prayers...and healing thoughts.

I have horrible news... I had to take Harpo back to the vet because he was struggling to breathe today. The vet said he has a heart defect and the surgery stressed him over the edge. She didn't give me much hope that Harpo is going to pull through. She gave him three shots to try to save him. Our hearts are breaking. I have to call back in a few hours. Please send Harpo healing energy and prayers. I just can't stop crying, I don't want to loose my little guy. Sorry for the sad news.

UPDATE: At 5:30 pm I talked with the vet who said Harpo was breathing a bit easier and seems to be responding to the medicines. I have to wait until the morning to get more news. It's going to be a long night.


Sunday Morning Update: I was so scared to call the vet this morning, I didn't know what to expect. She told me Harpo has improved!!!!! He's breathing easier and much more chipper. He was purring and wanted to be held. She of course told me that he's not out of the woods yet, but there has been good improvement. I'm not sure how bad his defect is or what to expect for him. She told me she would call me if there was any negative change today and to call tomorrow. I will have to wait until I get home from work about noon to call. She wants to keep him on the meds. and in a controlled quiet environment for now. For now I will breathe a little easier myself. Keep the positive energies and prayers coming, it's working!!!!

11 comments:

Jodi Anderson said...

I'm so sorry. That's terrible. I hope that he recovers soon-like.

sandy said...

I am so sorry. Will send positive energy!!

s

Sharon said...

Oh my God! I am so sorry!!!

I will send many many prayers his way that he will recover and live a very long and full life, and if that is not to be, that he pass comfortably. He has been so lucky to have such a good home and it is easy to see how happy he has been. He knows you love him. Hugs to you and Noah and Harpo.

Amy Bradstreet said...

First, I'm so relieved for you that Harpo seems to be improving! Poor little guy and his poor people, it's so hard on you all. I'm sending light and healing thoughts your way, hoping Harpo returns home soon.

Sharon said...

I'm so glad! Thank you for letting us know.

Anet said...

Thank you everyone! I find comfort in knowing that you are all sending good energies to Harpo.
I just knew in my heart that he could do it. I just keep praying the phone doesn't ring from the vet today. No news is good news today!
I am still very worried to what degree his heart defect is. The vet said many kittens die on the operating table, so he made that hurdle and now this one too.
Then she told me that some cats can just be strolling through the living room and fall over dead. So I'm very worried about that. There's really nothing I can do but take good care of him and baby the heck out of him!

I keep thinking, I hope this isn't one of the roller coaster rides like I had with our dog last fall. For weeks; up and down, forward and backwards, then he dies at the vets. We were devastated!

Thanks again! Harpo still needs us to pray and send good energy! It's working!!!

Tara said...

Oh my gosh Anet! I'm sorry to read this, but glad Harpo is turning the corner. Thanks for the updates. You can bet I'll be sending him healing energy and strength to make it through the rest of the way, one hurdle at a time.
I hope he's home and purring in your arms again soon.

Tammy said...

Oh, I'm so sorry!!!!!!

I'm so glad I read some positive news at the end of the post. Sounds like it could be scary for a while though.....

The girls and I will pray for him. Please keep us updated.

tiff said...

oh boy...i am thinking of Harpo and sending good thought for a speedy recovery and plenty of playful days ahead.

Anet said...

Thank you so much everyone!

RunninL8 said...

Total healing vibes going out to you ALL. Poor little guy. I know he feels imbued with the love that your family gives. And I hope he can feel all of our love, too. He wants to come home to you and I'm sure he will soon. take care and let us know how he is doing. HUGS

Blog Archive