Thursday, September 11, 2008

Painting and Paws.

Here's a before photo, you can see our attempt at restoring the natural wood.




Here a quick preview... Brad needs to trim the top near the ceiling, I couldn't reach it very well and kept messing it up. A few touch ups, hang stuff back on the walls, oh and get 14 new knobs for the built in. Ugh! And it is done! It's diffidently going to take some time to get use to it. It looks super orangey on my monitor it's really not that bad in person.

Noah has complained of a headache yesterday and last night, no fever or anything else going on, I'm thinking the fumes of the paint may be bothering him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Harpo is at the vets today and has to stay the night. He is being neutered and de-clawed.
Pretty much, de-monstered! He needs healing energy and happy thoughts. I feel so bad for him. I am sure he is just thinking I've left him at that horrible place and I'm never coming back!
My poor baby!

10 comments:

Tammy said...

Poor kitty! We had ours all fixed and declawed on the same day, too. I think it was more traumatic for us than them, though. lol.

Lots of kitty loves and well wishes!

Ruth said...

I hated leaving pets at the vet, yes, they look as though they feel abandoned.

The pumpkin is so warm and nice! Now we need to make some pie.

Sharon said...

What a lot of work that must have been to cover the dark burgandy! Ruth is right the color really is nice and warm; perfect for Harpo to camouflage himself in when he gets home. Poor baby.

Anet said...

Thanks Tammy! You are right, it's probably tougher on us.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Hi Ruth, I'm sure Harpo is going to meow all night at the vets. He's used to sleeping on top of Noah's head!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi Sharon,
We first painted with a primer and that stuff really stinks. So the burgandy to went white, then pumpkin.
Harpo and Bella already blend in with the floor!
Bella is running around like a nut today, playing and all happy that Harpo is gone. Harpo is always bugging him. Little does he know that Harpo coming back tomorrow!

denise said...

Wow - such a vibrant color. It will be nice and warm and cozy feeling for the winter! :)

Tara said...

Thinking healing thoughts for Harpo - Noah too. I always hate leaving mine at the vet's office. I feel like a big traitor, even though it's only temporary and for their own good.
The new color is so fun and happy. (The red was pretty too...) Hopefully you'll have some good warm fall days so you can air the place out well.

tiff said...

love the wood...love the color...and sending happy healthy thoughts to harpo!

what a nice inviting room!

RunninL8 said...

poor baby. he'll be POed for awhile, but he'll be ok! Healing energy comming from lo and I!

I like the new color!

~Molly~ said...

Awww, poor Harpo!! Give him some kitty hugs from me when he gets home!

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, the pumpkin color!!! That is just beautiful!

Molly, awaiting the winds, lol

Gwen Buchanan said...

Love your choice Anet, and all your hard work has paid off.. really cosy feeling!!

here's a tickle under the chin for Harpo!!

Blog Archive