Monday, September 15, 2008

Harpo is home!!!!

He is looking and feeling great!
The vet said to watch him carefully for a few days and keep him quiet as possible. It may be a reaction to the anesthesia and not a heart defect. I hope so! I'm so elated that he's home! I can not thank you all enough for the prayers and the healing energy! You are all wonderful and thanks for the nice comments about the dinning room. Oh yeah, preschool was the "best first day of school" we have ever had! Those kids rock!!!
Tuesday update: Harpo is great! Almost back to normal and I feel greatly relieved! He slept next to me all night and this morning he's trying to figure out life without claws. He's climbing around and playing a little bit. It's funny how he sticking with me though, he's been following me all morning. I have Tues. and Thurs. off work, so trying to get in a routine this week with work, homeschooling and chores. I have laundry, banking, grocery shopping (yuck), driving Caleb to school and Noah to P.E. class. , picking them up and all the rest of the crazy mom stuff to do yet. So I better get on it, Have a great day!

14 comments:

Sharon said...

That is so great!!! I knew he could do it and it looks like (is that Bella or Boo?) Bella is taking good care of him. :)

Ruth said...

Wonderful news, Anet! I know you'll take good care of Harpo. Best of recovery to him.

Anet said...

Hi Sharon, Thanks for all the prayers! I was so scared! He's just a baby. He's taking a big nap on my bed right now. Yes, that's Bella. After some growling and hissing at Harpo, Bella did some cleaning of Harpo's face then he let Harpo lay down by him. Bella is the momma cat...even though he's a boy.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks Ruth!

Tammy said...

Yay for Harpo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you look really fast at the photo, it looks like a 2-headed cat! roflol

Glad Bella and Harpo are snuggling, it's probably just what he needs. :)

tiff said...

phew...glad that harpo is on the mend...it is a scary thing when a pet must go under the knife...yikes...he looks happy in the photo!

as for preschool being the Best First Day...YIPPEE! you deserved a great day!

Tara said...

I had the same two-headed cat issue as Tammy! Whoa! Anyway, I am SO glad for all of you. I hope it was just an anesthesia thing and Harpo can rest up and get back to his usual kitty activities. Great news!

Anet said...

Thanks Tammy, I was thinking the same thing after I posted it! funny looking photo!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~``

Thanks Tiff, I was thrilled about the kids today and then when I called the vets from work and got great news. It's was a great day!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi Tara, I really appreciate you and your healing energy! I hope you're feeling better too! Take good care of yourself:)

~Molly~ said...

Oh how sweet they are together! Anesthesia is HARD on some animals and hard to get the right amounts so it may very well be that he got too much and/or couldn't clear it out of his lungs very well(remember how they come around and make people cough after surgery?). Prayers and good thoughts for a speedy recovery!

We are expecting a new kitty at our house this week. We are "fostering" a 4-week old Manx baby. I can't wait to get her!

Molly

Tammy said...

Looking for a Harpo update.....

Is he still recovering well?

Jodi Anderson said...

This is so great and I'm so happy for your family. I worry so about all creatures. I saw a kitten outside the other day, but it ran away. I can't stop thinking about it, hoping it went to wherever home is ...

A Slice of the Pie said...

Glad to hear the kitty is back home.

We had one of our cats have trouble with the anesthesia. They scold me because I refuse to have her teeth cleaned since she'd need to be put under.

Kel

sandy said...

Glad to read he is SO much better. He looks so adorable sitting/lying there. Ahhh, he will do okay without nails...I've never had them...well long ones that is.

Anet said...

Thanks Not so cool, Slice of Pie and Sandy. It's so heart warming how much everyone cares about the little guy.

RunninL8 said...

Oh!!! I am so HAPPY your baby is home with you and so, obviously, is he!!! Yay, yay, yay!!!!!!

Blog Archive