
Monday is the Fall Equinox! I'm very excited about the upcoming season of Autumn. A few cool nights already.I've worn my favorite grey sweater and actually wore my fuzzy socks a few times! This weekend we are buying a new furnace filter, taking out the window air conditioners, rolling up the garden hoses and closing all the storm windows. We are also going to buy some mums at the garden center. I've scurried up to the attic and retrieved the fall decorations, with help from Autumn (the daughter, not the season.) I have cinnamon in the simmering pot scenting the house with a yummy warm scent. Sniffy is very busy hiding walnuts, peanuts and fattening up for winter. I can hardly wait for apple cider; both cold and hot and yes I've already bought a bag of candy corn. I don't know.... maybe it's the newly remodeled dinning room, starting back at preschool or just the pure joy of Harpo being home and healthily, but I'm just in a happy place right now, a very busy place... but very happy! I would love to hear what you are doing to welcome the Fall Equinox!




15 comments:
Is that one of your kitties in the header picture? Gosh, what a stunner! Love the new blog look.
Not much going on here, mostly due to physical restrictions, but some plans are underway for a "wicked" trick or treat set up. I'm really hoping I'll have the physical strength to do it, because I love, Love, LOVE Halloween. October is may favorite month of the year. One tradition I am managing to keep is to go for my annual reading. It's scheduled for next Thursday!
beautiful...love the Fall Face Lift!!!
i love cooler nights and sunny skies...it has to be one of the best seasons.
Hey Tara, That is Willow, my daughter's cat. Who practically lives in her room. We took this photo last fall. I love Halloween too! Everyone is voting for "The Raven", porch again. I really like to change it, but I'll add something new to it this year. Good luck with the reading, I'm too chicken to ever get one!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hi Tiff, Thanks and I bet Colorado is going to be just unbelievable in the fall! I can't wait to see some fall color!
I am relishing this ever-cooling weather. There's nothing quite so nice as feeling chilly, and then warming up.
Plus, hot cider is THE bomb.
I miss Autumn (the season, not the daughter~ don't want to weird anybody out! :) We go from 80's to snow; no fall.
Your header and post are beautiful and I can almost feel your happy place from here. Thanks.
Pumpkin in the dining room, and pumpkin on the blog! Yay, how beautiful. I have been hungry for orange everywhere. This subdued orange is even better.
I was thinking of you the other day when I thought about decorating for fall. I thought, What would Anet do? I still haven't done anything though. The pumpkin plants Don planted got hit by that early frost, so no pumpkins of our own this year, boohoo. I do love these beautiful crisp days now that the rain is over!!
Oh, and I saw cider at L&L the other day, and I got so thirsty for it, but it was on my way out . . . Next time!
Hey Jodi, Have you ever had a Hot Toddie(spelling?) That's some yummy drink too! I had one at the cool farm I went to. I have to figure out how to make one. I should goggle it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ahh Sharon, I'll have to send you some leaves! You could throw them around your studio! The animals would love it!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey Ruth, My pumpkin vine died out weeks ago, I was so....bummed!
I saw a sign on the Q.D. door for Cider too, but I didn't stop. My favorite place to get cider and doughnuts is Uncle John's Cider Mill in St. Johns. Just don't go there on the weekends! That place is a zoo!!!
Ooops, I guess I should google it, not goggle it! lol...
I love fall too. We switched out throws, pillow covers, table cloths, curtains...all cozy deep colors now. We have had so much cool weather but now that it will actually BE fall in a few days, it will get hot again. Looking like 80s again next week...here is hoping for a cold front! ;)
I love this season for so many reasons. It's definitely my favorite. Also soup, not having to listen to the neighbors, and hot chocolate every morning. :)
Are you sure your name is not "Anet" Stewart".. I love all the things you did .. I need a fairy godmother around here to do all that.. I'm lucky if I manage to scrounge up a couple pumpkins!!
That is a super header picture.. I couldn't imagine anything more perfect!!! Love the cats eyes!!!
Love the banner kitty!!! I've been too busy with hurricanes and new kitties to think about Fall. We deliberately chose our wedding date to be at the Autumnal Equinox(most years anyway) because its the beginning of my favorite time of year. Unfortunately we don't get many fall colors in east Texas. The sweet gum trees are the best though. Mostly, leaves turn brown in November and fall off right away.
I really need to get on the stick and decorate, we're having a movie party here on Friday night for our homeschool group's teens.
Have a Groovy weekend!!
Okay, weird. I responded to this back on the 17th or 18th.. talked about a crockpot, all that fall stuff and I must have not noticed that it didn't post.
Wow! That's what I'm missing! A nice autumn scent wafting through the house and candles! Tis the time of year that I can start lighting candles in the evening again! We had about 15 minutes of snowfall at the house today! We worked on a fall leaf project and bought some cute tiny pumpkins from the store. Other than that, a lot of resting to get over the cold.
Post a Comment