Sunday, August 31, 2008

Sunday

A little bird watching on Sunday.

A male Cardinal, the female was too quick for me.

If you look hard there is a Woodpecker on the suet cake.

The Woodpecker tucks some seeds into the bark of Sniffy's tree for safe keeping.
It's not safe in Sniffy's tree... she'll eat it if she finds it.
Harpo being annoyed by all those birds...see his ears! He's getting so big!

He looks like a cat now instead of a kitten. sniff...sniff...

Here's what he's doing right now at 11:00pm. He still squeezes in between the tower and the monitor. He whacks at the keyboard when I type, he's watching the monitor and is purring like crazy. He's a silly cat. Oh... he just yawned. Time for a nap, closing eyes.... still purring...

NO!

One more attack at the keyboard. I tell him to STOP! "Okay, I'll just lay here and purr... and try to fall asleep if you would just stop that typing." YAWN!!! Paw on keyboard just in case.

Shhhh............ (we'll see you tomorrow)

9 comments:

sandy said...

Cute post. My kittens do the same thing. I won't even let them in my bedroom because they can get so annoying.

Both Griffin and Sabine got fixed the other day so they are a little less rambunctious...

Tara said...

Thanks for the reminder to fill my feeders! How lucky you are to have woodpeckers. Lots of finches and sparrow here, a set of cardinals and three crazy chickadees too.
Harpo is so cute. I love the picture with his ears back. Does he do the birdie chirp? Snicket trills and the little one just made her first chirps the other day.

Anet said...

Hi Sandy, I need to make Harpo appointment to get fixed soon. I am hoping he'll settle down a bit.
We have to do the same thing with the bedroom, he's a wild man at night! Sometimes he'll be good, but most of the time he's not. He LOVES to snuggle under blankets. Also he likes to sleep on your pillow on top of your head.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey Tara,
The birds aren't touching the feeder right now, they are loving that suet cake!
Cats are so funny when they do that. I haven't heard Harpo yet but my two older cats make that sound.

Sharon said...

Hi Anet! It really isn't very nice of you not to share your keyboard! :)
He is so CUTE!!!

Ruth said...

Oh you made me smile! Is Harpo biting the cord?

I know what Harpo would be doing if he were outside like our Bishop. There would be red feathers flying . . .

Anet said...

Hi Ruth, no he's not biting it, it's just tucked under his chin. He has chewed some headphone wires in Caleb's room. Much to Caleb's displease. Bad habit for cats!

One day he charged out the door onto the front porch after Sniffy.
I was screaming and trying to grab him, Sniffy was running in all directions and Harpo did a few somersaults! When I got a hold of him, his little heart was beating a million miles an hour. So was mine and Sniffy's!
Hope you are enjoying the extra long weekend:)

Tammy said...

Such a cute post. I'm a bird watcher/lover here, so I really liked those photos.

Our kitties are so naughty. They sleep most of the day so they can be super rested up for the midnight wrestle mania matches that last for about 3-4 hours!!!!

~Molly~ said...

Oh he IS getting more cat-like!!! But still handsome! Definitely time to get him "fixed", that cuts out a lot of aggressive stunts(and spraying!). You'll both be glad you did.

Jasper and Gypsy do the wrestle mania thing too but not as much in the middle of the night, thank goodness. They just knock stuff off everyone's dressers(like glass that breaks).

Molly, still awaiting the rain.

Gwen Buchanan said...

This is really cute Anet.. your mischievous kitten is so sweet.. I forgot how fun they can be...

wish we had cardinals!!

Blog Archive