Caleb's first day at College! He wasn't to happy about me taking pictures, "I'm not going to kindergarten mom!" Hey, I missed taking pictures on his first day at kindergarten because our camera was broken. I've felt bad ever since... well I'm not about to miss his first day at college. We went the other day and had his I.D. taken and found his classrooms. He is taking Design & Communication and Type Communications. He's excited and a bit nervous, all to be expected. He also has a terrible cold right now. I gave him some tissues for his backpack. Sniff, Sniff...
Oh, Autumn started classes today too! This means I turn into: Super Busy Taxi Mom! In a few weeks I go back to work and with all of Noah's homeschool activities... ugh! I'm tired already, just thinking of it. I get to be real lazy during the summer and then wham! Non-stop chaos!!!






13 comments:
Great pics!! What a cute guy he is...and sounds like a smart one too... Glad you got those pics to make up for Kindergarten...
That sucks to have a cold his first day. Still I hope it goes great!!! How exciting. :)
Caleb said his day was "Alright I guess." coming from Caleb that means it was good. Then he gives me a big long list of supplies he needs plus a $30 book. Holy Crap!
Here's the list:
A Type Primer book.
Notebooks.
3 ring binder.
T-Square steel at least 24"
Clear type steers rule in picas and inches.
Tracing paper pad 14' x 17"
Spray mount or studio tac.
X-Acto knife with #11 blades.
Black presentation board for mounting. 7 of them.
Specialty papers for printing.
Flash drive.
I don't even know what some of this stuff is! I'm hoping most of it is at Staples.
How exciting!
I'm having some scary flashbacks looking at that list! Try a good art supply store or the campus bookstore.
Glad to see someone is still making the young ones learn how to spec type and keyline.
Good luck Caleb!
Good luck to both of them.. I am so impressed with the go-get-em attitudes of your kids..
... That's the way to do it..
Whatever you did, you did it right!!!
I just noticed that great quote by Beatrice Wood on your sidebar Anet.. I like it and very much agree!!
take care, gwen
Oh Tara, we may be needing you for HELP!
*******************************
Thanks Gwen, I watched a documentary on Beatrice Wood, what an awesome spirit she was! Lived to be 105! I just love her ceramics.
Awww....you probably needed some tissues too. :) What does "Type Communications" mean?
Congratulations to Caleb!!! Sounds like he's settled right in.
Am I the only one wondering where his beeeeautiful dark hair went???
Molly
Hey Tammy, Type communications is learning about fonts, I guess...
****************************
Hi Molly, I know that orangey bad color is heart breaking! His dark hair is growing out. now it's looking black and orange maybe his getting ready for Halloween.
Oops, that's he's getting, not his getting. Autumn was rushing me out the door!
Ugh! He came home Friday with another long list of class supplies! I need to take out a loan for all of this stuff!
My GOD he looks like my ole buddy, Bill from freshman year of college!
Congrats and blessings on this new path in life-for BOTH of you!!!
I hope Caleb is feeling better. Yeah, they always start before us, so early! Had to laugh at what he said about the photo and not being in kindergarten! Hehe.
All the best to Caleb and his new experience!
Post a Comment