Goddess...
She's all on there you just can't see her because of the curve of the gourd. I can't for the life of me get a good shot of these gourds. With flash, without flash, indoors, outdoors.... I must admit they are much better in person then my photographs. I need lessons and a new camera might help!!!






14 comments:
Anet, This is beautiful.. I love that you are making these!!!
I know what you mean about trying to get a good shot... I have the hardest time of getting shots of my jewelry.. anything shiny has a mind of its own about how the shots will turn out.. Only on certain days in certain light and I have not pinned it down yet.. no matter...even using natural light ... north, south, east, west.. I have more practicing to do...
I also really love the rag rug placemat that the bowl is sitting on!!
This is really beautiful! I love the tree of life, sun, and goddess imagery......amazing!!!
Thanks Gwen and Sharon,
I try to stay on the folk art side of things. Hand made, whimsy, not prefect by any means. At least that's what I strive for.
That way it stays fun and not to serious for me. I get to frustrated when I strive for prefect symmetry and realistic looking pieces.
Just beautiful Anet!! I vaguely remember my dad's method for photographing his turned bowls. It involved a light box or some sort of reflective material with a spotlight shining on it(not on the bowls) so that the whole area was lit up.
Sorry you couldn't see Obama, that would've been super cool.
Molly
Hey Molly, Ahh!! yes a light box. I do believe Autumn owns one of those, well... actually she made one. I'm sure I could get her to take some great shots, but she is so darn busy all the time it would take forever to get her to do it for me. She's been thinking about getting her own apartment with some friends, you know the big old creepy campus houses. Now that she'll be working and going to school at LCC it would be great if she could just walk. I'm not sure how I feel about her leaving the nest... she is 21 though!
Nice!
Anet, I do love these! Maybe try putting them on the porch and take pics in natural light? I guess Gwen suggested that too. I dunno.
I was inspired by your gourds, so when Don and I discussed a children's craft for our family Farm Day this weekend (my family comes, maybe 30-40 people), we decided to prepare tree ring coasters from a dead pine we have, we'll seal them, and then they can draw and paint leaf art like yours. I'm so excited! Thank you for inspiring me.
That's wonderful Ruth, what a great idea for the coasters! The kids will feel so proud of the accomplishments!!!
I did take these outside and on the covered porch. I am just bad at photography!
Have a great farm day!
I'm loving these creations! The goddess is just beautiful.
Anet, these are beautiful. You have quite a talent.........
Very beautiful!!! I recently got one of the hand held Dremel multi-tool things and have been eyeing gourds at the grocery to play with. I'd like to do some birdhouses!
Yeah!, my husband and I are wanting to get one of the those for a few different projects! I want to try carving on the gourds.
wow...how do you do that!!! What a talent you have, creating these beauties from gourds.
wow, love Ruth's idea for farm weekend.
Post a Comment