Saturday, August 9, 2008

Classic Cars on the Avenue

Noah and I walked 2 blks. to the Avenue and enjoyed the 16th annual Classic Car Show.


Noah had tripped and scrapped his knee, sigh... but the nice man who
owed the Corvette let him sit in his car to cheer him up.


Classic Lansing Police Car... I remember these!

The pink one was my favorite!

Drive-In Classic

10 comments:

unschoolingsupermom said...

Our family loves classics too. We have a huge car show in June called Cool Desert Nights. I love the one with the tray attached. How classic.

denise said...

Sweet!

I grew up going to car shows...my dad collected vintage cars and also worked in corporate for a car manufacturer. We had some awesome cars - always got them beat up and fixed them up and always sold them. Hurumph. He had a sense of humor so we always had some odd thing too...great photos! :)

Tara said...

Jeff and I stumbled across a downtown concert and informal car show two nights ago on our walk. I wished I had my camera – all that chrome!
These pictures are so fun. I love the pink one, too. And the old police car is a hoot.
Hope that knee is on the mend!

PS. And thanks for explaining the difference between a goblin and a brownie. I had no idea...

Gwen Buchanan said...

These are great old Classic cars and so well cared for... We always love the chance to see these in operation...

we are fixing up an old 1966 Volvo P1800 (remember the car "The Saint" used to drive) it has been taking forever (years).. it has a primer coat on it now... so maybe someday before I die It may be ready for the road!!

Anet said...

Hi Unschoolingsupermom, glad you stopped by. The tray was a great touch!

****************************

Hi Denise, That's really cool that you grew up around classic cars, your dad sounded like a fun guy!:)

**********************

Hey Tara, I was loving all that shiny chrome! I just had to get shots of it. Thanks for asking about Noah's knee, it doing fine!

**************************

Hi Gwen, I love Volvo's! I used to own a copper colored one, hmmm...
I can't recall the year of it. I remember that we hand cranked the sunroof open. It was such a great comfy car to drive. I always felt safe in it. It will be awesome when you get it on the road!

tiff said...

...wow...those cars are fun to see!

scraped knees are no fun! lucky Noah to get to sit in the corvette...sounds like a great afternoon.

Sharon said...

Great photos Anet!

Ruth said...

Greeeat cars. I remember going to the A&W with the tray on the car window. I loved it!

Anet said...

Hey Ruth do you know Nip -n- Sip on the north end of Lansing? It's a drive-in and I worked there as a teenager for a few years. Bringing trays of food and root beer to cars!

Tammy said...

"Oh Mama, it's beautiful!"

That was what my Kayla said about the pink car. ;)

Blog Archive