Friday, August 8, 2008

For Sale!

Home Sweet Home...for a Brownie!





Prefect home for a Brownie family, loaded with many amenities. Beautiful landscaped yard with fire pit. Safety circle included, Wifi wired, Ready to move in!





Wonderful curb appeal, Nice neighborhood, New roof, Loads of room for the kids to play. All of this and your very own private graveyard!



Call: Wood Sprite Reality 555-0000 for an appointment today!
We are no longer selling to Hobgoblins: we discovered they they are fond of eating household pets! We can't take the chance of them gobbling up cute little Harpo!

Whereas Brownies are protective to families and love to help with chores!



Brownie: legendary kind of creature popular in folklore around Scotland and England. Customarily brownies are said to inhabit houses and aid in tasks around the house. However, they do not like to be seen and will only work at night, traditionally in exchange for small gifts or food. They take quite a delight in porridge and honey. They usually abandon the house if their gifts are called payments, or if the owners of the house misuse them. Brownies make their homes in an unused part of the house. They were also known as the guardians of dragons.
Spiderwick Chronicles unit/homeschool

14 comments:

Tara said...

I love the wifi ready option! If I could fit, I'd move in in a heartbeat...

Sharon said...

How much are the taxes and what are the neighbors like??? :)

Anet said...

Hey Tara, You should hear Noah describe all the stuff inside the house. It's pretty awesome!
There's been some fairies interested but we're holding out for goblins!
****************************

Hi Sharon,
Hobgoblins never pay taxes and the neighbors are a little kooky!

Gwen Buchanan said...

You are so cute and funny!!

yes the Olympic Opening Ceremonies were on up here at around 8:00 am on CBC... I think I heard that they were showing them in the States tonight on CNN..

Tammy said...

This is fabulous, just fabulous!

.....My favorite blog post of the day!!!!!

Tammy said...

btw....what Spiderwick Chronicles unit study are you using?

Anet said...

Hey Tammy, Thanks! I made up our own:) I couldn't find much on the Internet. That's pretty much how we do our homeschooling. We only use math work books and I even make up a lot of the math Noah does. Like we also have been doing Civil War lessons and we used plastic Civil War soldiers for math counters to learn multiplications. Also made up math stories to go along with the Civil War unit.
Now I'll brain storm some Spiderwick math, ETC....
He's working on a "McPherson Chronicle" filling it with fairies and creatures. That will help with his drawing, writing and imagination skills. He made a "seeing stone" from air dry clay.
Still thinking about some other activities to go along with this theme. The next two weeks he has another Civil War, A Harry Potter and a Michigan Archaeologist day camps coming up. Busy! Like your kids!!!

Sharon said...

Oh, I am so glad that Harpo will be safe.

I must be part brownie! I don't like it when gifts are considered payments or obligations either. Brownies are very wise to throw their gifts out into the universe and let them scatter where they may.

Anet said...

Yes, we live and learn. We feel bad about discriminating against goblins but family and pet safety come first!

You are like a little brownie! lol....

Gwen Buchanan said...

Anet, you added more since I was here... I love what you wrote on little Brownies..........I wish some would come and live here!!

Anet said...

Hey Gwen, yes Brownies would make much better houseguest than a goblin! I could use a few brownies for sure! We are having too much fun with this homeschooling unit!

tiff said...

oh we so love spiderwick...and I want to live in that wonderful home...it is lovely.

wouldn't it be fantastic if our lives looked that simple...but of course we would all need that wifi...giggle!

Ruth said...

I think I remember brownies from a C.S. Lewis book . . .?

sandy said...

how cute!! actually adorable...

Blog Archive