Friday, August 15, 2008

Autumn's Art

Some of Autumn's latest paintings.
She is in to Pin-up Girls, Old Horror Movies and Side Show Freaks.
Don't ask me why...


Half Lady is painted on the side of her bookcase.

15 comments:

Tara said...

Wow! Autumn is really talented. I love the half lady. The colors and composition are just great... reminds me of Lautrec a bit. I'm not sure if you noticed, but she looks a little like a risque version of the Sun Maid raisin lady! :-) Please pass along my best to the artist!

Anet said...

Holy crap! She does...hmmm... I hope that's not some weird deep seeded aggression! Thanks Tara I'll be sure to pass it along to her! :)

Sandra Dodd said...

Nice. When I was a teen I had a huge fascination with carnival sideshows and circus stories. Still, a little.

Tammy said...

I didn't know she painted too! My goodness, that daughter of yours is VERY talented.

Don said...

I have "heard" that painting is very difficult (not based on personal experience), and Autumn has real talent. Is she the 'A' in the vampiress painting? If so, who is K? (he doesn't seeem to mind too much!!) ;)

Sharon said...

Autumn, Have you ever watched HBO's Carnivale? I bet you'd love it!

Ruth said...

Another thing our Lesley and your Autumn have in common - pinup girls! L had a collection of them, some lunchboxes for one.

I was noticing the art at the county fair carnival the other day - lewd. So funny how that is part of our culture there.

Thanks for sharing Autumn's beautiful work.

sandy said...

Autumn is a fantastic artist!!
I love her style.
oh wow.
I love her style.
I like her interests too.
how come you are so lucky to get such an odd eclectic type if daughter.
she should have been mine.

Tell her for me I think she is an awesome artist.

And when she gets tired of you, as she no doubt will some day, she can come live with me and I'll treat her like the artist she is, and deserves to be treated.

I'll buy her all her art supplies if she just paints my walls.

I really would be a good mum, really.

sandy said...

again..I'm blown away by her art.

and Dracula! perfect.

sandy said...

p.s. Are all your kids strange? ha

A Slice of the Pie said...

What talent. But even though I am fairly new here, I gather she must have gotten it from you.

Anet said...

Thanks Everyone!
*******************************
Hey Don, the K is for her boyfriend Kevin. Really nice guy! :)
****************************
Hey Sharon, She has seen that and of course loved it! We just signed up for Netflix, it's on there.
I didn't know you could also watch all the movies you want right on your computer with Netflix too!

*****************************
Hi Sandy, Well I'll just ship her your way, She's great at taking care of little ones too! :p

Sharon said...

Hey Anet,
I haven't tried watching anything on the computer but Zoe has and said that it takes forever to download. Carnivale is great visually but definitely not something for Noah.

Anet said...

I watched The Madness of King George last night and it loaded really fast. Hmmm.. I tried another one that took a little longer. I don't know if it depends on the movie or your computer.
Thanks for the Carnivale tip!

denise said...

Nice!

I bet she likes Juxtapoz Magazine. It is awesome. Such amazing art. Oooooooh. Or Elizabeth McGrath. Nice.

Blog Archive