Sunday, August 17, 2008

Walls and a kitten...

I've always thought you can tell a lot about a person by what's hanging on their walls....

Magazine Print and Noah's hand Print

Caleb wrote a strange message...from The Holy Grail and Sniffy trio.


Audubon Print in a very old frame and a Downtown photo by Autumn.

Map and Autumn with some old family photos.

Mantel Mirror and Tree photos (not Autumn's) with family photos

The kids hand prints and Noah's hand in clay with a small painting.


One of my favorite artist's originals and one sleeping kitten.

I would love to see whats hanging on your walls!













12 comments:

tiff said...

love your walls...so cool...and fun to see all the kids work of art...beautiful!

as for my walls...well that will have to wait...nothing right now...we just moved our stuff in...and just went and bought furniture today...i have done nothing to my classroom...YIKES! busy...busy...busy!

Sharon said...

I love your walls! I have a hand print from Zoe when she was little using the exact same kit as yours. That old frame and the antique map are gorgeous....also Autumn's photography and Noah's hand print. The chalkboard is cool too and I always love Sniffy and Harpo (he's getting so big!) I really like everything quite honestly. I was going to do a homeschooling post for Don but it's a little scattered and needs more work so I went around and took pics of my walls. If anything turns out I'll post them tonight.
That was fun to see Anet, thanks!

Sandra Dodd said...

Anet, you're very artistic. I'm willing to share some walls, but I'm afraid I'll disgust you. It might be very frightening, I think, to a home decorator type. :-)

Interestingly, Holly and I just spent some time putting contact paper on a big window and then I painted it black (the piece that wasn't already black). Explanation forthcoming with photos, in a day or two.

Anet said...

Cool!!! I can't wait to see your walls. Oh I forgot to tell a bit about the magazine print. It's of the Dionne Quints of Canada, some how along the line on my mother's side we are related to them. There is a movie about them. It's quiet interesting. One of them is named Annette. (the real way to spell my name)...I felt it ridiculous when I was a kid to have all those repeating letters so I started writing it as Anet. My friends and family know me as Anet. But legally I'm Annnette. :)

denise said...

Interesting! :) Love it!

Ruth said...

It's cool how you have a variety of pieces, from old vintage to modern art and photography - plus the great kids' art. I love it!

I've been thinking about posting a pic of our Peter Max-ish Peter Mowry painting. Maybe I'll just have to do that now.

A Slice of the Pie said...

Wow, your walls are awesome. We moved here five years ago and it was supposed to be temporary- I am using that as my excuse. Plus we rent.

Currently on my walls besides finger and foot prints, just three things. First is a framed collage my sister made of my four kids' profiles in silhouette. I also have the alphabet accross the dining room wall.

The last item is a stupid mini poster from Star Wars Episode III. My ex got it on Father's Day when he went to see the movie instead of staying home for the B-day party for my youngest,who was turning four. Yeah that one's pretty special. I do need to take it down.

Tara said...

I love Autumn's photo and the hand prints. Fun walls. My walls? Not nearly as fun and inspiring as yours, that's for sure!

Gwen Buchanan said...

Love the Shrubbery message!!! here is one back at you "and there is some lovely dirt over here".. now start clicking those coconut shells together!!!

Anet, I get a very warm feeling from your walls... warm just like you!!! I loved the tour!

Anet said...

Hey Ruth, I would love to see Peter's painting!

sandy said...

oh..your walls are beautiful. I love that color red.

Loring Wirbel said...

I put my walls up! Thanks for the inspiration!!

Blog Archive