Saturday, July 5, 2008

Women's Rights to Bear Hats!


This is a graphic I made a few days ago. I was really liking these vintage manikin heads with the great hats. I am not a hat wearer. I look really weird in a hat.
These fashion statement hats are fascinating to me with the feathers and bows. Women at one time wouldn't think of venturing out without their bonnets. I for one, am glad women gave up the fashion statement hat.

Although I might give the first hat in the middle row a shot!
Which one would you "bear the right" to wear? Tell me about your favorite hat you own or if you are like me and pass on the hat wearing.

My daughter Autumn loves wearing old weird hats, sometimes I wonder about her! She owns about a dozen of them.


8 comments:

sandy said...

I like the same one you did, if I were to wear a hat. I LOVE the idea of wearing hats but when I actually try on one I look weird, they just don't feel right. My hair is thick, use to be thicker when I was young, and they just want to pop right off my head. I can't keep them on.

I really like your collages.

Anet said...

Thanks Sandy! My head is just not made for hats, big funny shaped head and too much hair! I like the hat in the collage because it looks like it might stay my head! lol

Gwen Buchanan said...

Fun hats.. I always wish I was bold enough to wear hats.. my sister always did...
I have to say I am always too self-conscious to wear a heat except when the snow is blowing ... then I pull on a lined knitted Guatemalan type hat with many patterns and colors... Nobody can see me in a blizzard..

Sharon said...

I don't wear hats either, except when it's 20 below and a blizzard and I have to go outside for firewood.....then it's what ever is top of the mitten basket. I wish I looked better in them then I could just ignore how bad my hair looks while I'm trying to grow it out!!!

I like the peach one in the middle row on the left!

Tara said...

I can't pull off anything but a beret or earmuffs, but I really admire women who can wear hats and look great in them.

Anet said...

Hey Gwen, I think you would look fabulous in hats with your beautiful wavy hair!

**************

Hi Sharon, I can't even pull off a winter hat very well. I just pull up the hood to my winter coat. I do love scarves though!

**************

Hi Tara, Nice to meet you! A beret would be so much fun to wear!:)

Tammy said...

I can't pull off a hat, but if I could, that one on the top in the middle is pretty dang cute!

Ruth said...

I love the three in your collage from the roaring '20s that come way down over the forehead. I don't wear hats often, except in the winter for warmth. I love how they look on other people though. Sometimes on a bad hair day I wear a baseball cap.

Blog Archive