Monday, July 28, 2008

The Spider......and my porch.



A passage from; The Spider and the Fly by Mary Howitt 1821

"Will you walk into my parlor?" Said a spider to a fly;
'Tis the prettiest little parlor
That ever you did spy.
The way into my parlor
Is up a winding stair,
And I have many pretty things
To show when you are there."
"Oh, no, no!" said the little fly,
"To ask me is in vain;
For who goes up your winding stair
Can ne'er come down again."


I stole some of Sniffy's photos!

14 comments:

Sharon said...

I love those pictures, especially your angel and the frame! Did you do the embroidery piece? It is exactly how I want/to live (most of the time!)

Sharon said...

that was supposed to ready want/try

Anet said...

Hey Sharon, I bought the embroidery at my friend's gift shop for about $5 because the frame is a little crooked.
The Gothic white frame is actually just styrofoam! Another buy from my friend's shop. She has really cool stuff there. She also owns the preschool where I teach.
Hmmm... come to think of it the angel was a gift from her.

Anet said...

Oh the quote was to inspire some peace between the kids... It doesn't work!

Tammy said...

I love the sign! I've heard that quote before; very nice. :)

Tara said...

It's been a long time since I heard that poem, but I love it! Cool pictures, too!

Gwen Buchanan said...

Anet i love that gothic frame too.. doesn't look like styrofoam from here!

Anet said...

hI evErYonE!!!

I'm hot and bored today!! I did 3 load of wash and up them on the line, made homemade mac and cheese for the kids, and blogged. Now what? I always do this about the end of July... I can't wait for preschool to end in May, then by the end of July I'm bored and ready to go back to work. But preschool doesn't start until mid-Sept. August is another Harry Potter Camp for Noah, The Civil War Muster weekend and hopefully a trip to Lake Michigan. I also plan Noah's and my birthday weekend trip in Aug. Every year Brad takes Noah and I somewhere for our birthdays in October. Always around some fun Halloween activities. Last year it was a trip to Marshall, Mi to stay in a 180 year old Inn. Said to be haunted. And we went to a pirate themed haunted forest that was so awesomely scary!
This year a trip to Greenfield Village and the Henry Ford Museum. They have the Rosa Parks bus there! The village holds haunted Halloween weekends with the Headless Horseman riding through the town with spooky fog, a couple of old witches here and there, over 800 jack-o-lanterns. Sounds fun!
Other past trips have been Haunted Cedar Point in Ohio.
In Mackinaw City; Howlin Hallows Eve at Fort Michimilimac,(there was a werewolf running up and down the beach howling... there was a real full moon! He looked super scary!) and a trip across the bridge to the U.P.
Always a fun filled Fall trip! Oh sometimes we take the other two kids...
*************
Hey Gwen, it fools everyone in person too!

denise said...

Nice photos! Love it. I like spiders. We have quite a few around and I wish they would chomp on more mosquitoes! :)

sandy said...

ohhhh, my favorite, Stargazer. I love your front porch. Now...I'm hoping I can get Sniffy to show me the side year, the back yard, the attic, the basement, the bathrooms, hahaha....and I want him to take a walk down the street and show me the houses.

I have to say again, that gourd is so beautiful that you created.

Anet said...

Hey Sandy, I have an old post that shows the neighborhood:

http://anet-squirrelgirl.blogspot.com/2008/04/cometake-stroll-around-block-with-us.html

Ruth said...

I love these photos, such a beautiful post. That spider sillhouette! Just great.

RunninL8 said...

HEY!!!! Beautiful pics and great new look for your blog!!!!
Spiders and I try to have an agreement: You stay the H*** AWAY from me and I won't stomp the life out of you. I will try to see the wonder and beauty in you. Just KEEP YOUR DISTANCE!!!!!

sandy said...

thanks I"m off to visit the neighborhood...

Blog Archive