I'll let you guess what this mystery collage is about...Do you know?
Times up!
***********************************************
From the Walrus and the Carpenter
by Lewis Carroll (author of Alice in Wonderland)
***
"The time has come," the Walrus said,
"To talk of many things:
Of shoes--and ships--and sealing-wax--
Of cabbages--and kings--
And why the sea is boiling hot--
And whether pigs have wings."
Great job Molly!





12 comments:
Simple? I'm stumped. Someone has to help me.
Okay I'm just going to talk out loud here. We've got:
The Burger King guy...king...food??
A flying pig......something unlikely?
A question mark....uncertainty
A walrus discussing time....
TheSecretVideo seal~magical thinking?
Lettuce....food....let us????
Shoes.......
A ship...........
Okay I'm really bad at this!!!
It's unlikely (pig) that you're going to run away (shoes) with The Burger King guy on a cargo ship full of lettuce. Am I warm???
Don't tell us! I'm going to think about it some more and see what the others come up with. :)
LOL... you're so COLD!
Just a little help.
It's (some kind of) wax, a King
and it's not lettuce.
Oh don't forget the boiling pot with the C.
Hahaha! Noah just figured it out! No help either. But he knows the old ryhme. Ahhh... another clue!
Why I know it!!! Should I say? (spoilers and hints ahead)
Lewis Carroll
Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.
Either that or you will go to burger king when pigs fly, or they start serving cabbages.
July 7, 2008 11:51 PM
Okay, I'm an idiot!!!
Thank God for Google. I did a little research and with help from you and Molly I found what I was looking for. I had never read it before.
That was FUN!!!
Great Molly, I was thinking maybe I was the only nut that knew this!lol. I recited this to all my kids as they grew, I still do. We take turn with each line now. I'll start it and someone will join in with me! It's really a fun little rhyme! ************************
Oh Sharon, You're not a idiot. I was laughing at what a wonderful deep thinker you are! I loved what you came up with! If you didn't know this weird little passage you would have never gotten it. Noah has had it on his side bar for a long time. I've always loved Lewis Carroll and the strange things that came out of his mind!
We're going to stop at the library on the way to Tae Kwon Do this afternoon and I think I'll see if the have a biography of him. All I've ever read are some of the original Alice books.
Well that's cool!!
That burger king guy is always spooky to me.
Hey Sandy, Yeah he is creepy. I remember before him there was a cute little cartoon burger king.
He was much better!
Post a Comment