Such pretties. Is that last one collumbine(sp?)? Sorry, can't help with the zuchs. It's fun to grow a REALLY BIG one though and then smash it in the street!
I really love seeing all the things growing in your garden, Anet... The little moth looks like it is sitting on Bleeding Heart leaves... One thing I never planted this year was zucchini... your lilies are beautiful and now you have me excited about watching for mine to open... Is the yellow bloom "golden Glow"? I planted a sno-ball bush a couple years ago but it is still very small...
Are the beetles killing the blossoms or making them drop off? is their any chance their mulling about is helping to pollinate?... For me, I usually wait till the good bugs come to eat the bad bugs... except if Potato bugs come to my potatoes and then I have to pick them off; but luckily so far, none have arrived...
I pick bugs off by hand if I can and pop them into hot sudsy water.
I also have a spray bottle filled with water, 1 Tbsp Dr. Bronner's hemp mint soap, and about 20 drops of essential peppermint oil. I spray this on any plants with insect issues, and seems to get rid of most everything I have a problem with.
Hi Runnin18, Yes the last one is a Columbine. It's my new one this year I have another one it's solid purple. I think I'm loving this one! One time I didn't see a zuc. in the back of the garden and it grew to the size of a watermelon. The kids had fun destroying it!:)
***************
Hey Sharon, Thanks! That is a hydrangea bush, it is very big! I love how it changes colors from green to white, then when they dry they change to a cream and pinkish color. I always make a big bouquet for my front porch.
***************
You're right Gwen it's a bleeding heart. Done blooming. I ordered new lilies and day lilies this year. The one photo is of a new one, I can't wait until it opens! Those beetles were munching the heck out of Noah's tee pee bean leaves, but have seemed to have moved on. They aren't eating the leaves of the zucs. and I'm not sure what they are up to in the blossoms! I'm going to give Denise suggestion a try and pick them off into hot sudsy water! See if they like that!!!! Thanks again:) Lovin' my bobbles!!!
**************
Thanks Denise, I'm going out to the garden now and start pick out the beetles. The spray sound great! I'll check the health store for the ingredients.
Hey Ruth, I going beetle plucking right now. Sounds fun don't it? I have a feeling I going to have summer squash and zucs. coming out of my ears!!! I'm going to freeze them. Shredded and Sliced.
Thanks Tiff and Hubby, I went out there to soap the little buggers and I could find a single one of them! Someone must of tipped them off that I was coming, probably the fruit fly that was in my kitchen! It was about to storm, so maybe the went home. I'll keep my eye out for them!
Your garden is looking great, Anet, and productive. I also love hydrangea and have many bushes, Pee Gee nad Annabelle. I'd go with the Dr. Bronner's solution or cayenne, both should work very well to get rid of bugs, and there's nothing wrong with hand-picking bugs off of plants. Happy Gardening!
I am learning all the time. The tombstone will be my diploma. ~Eartha Kitt
Education consist of mainly what we've unlearned.
~Mark Twain
A watched child never learns.
~Robert Brault
Welcome!
Hello!~Aaniin! ~Bonjour!
I'm a homeschooling mom with 3 kids. The two oldest have graduated from homeschool. Our oldest now owns her own Photography business. Our middle son is in college studying
Culinary Arts and the youngest son age 11 is an Interest Led Homeschooler, who loves history! and this is our family's homeschool journal... The Purple Squirrel.
We are an Ojibwe/French family and we love to celebrate our heritage, learning the language, customs and honoring our ancestors.
We travel about our lives on planet Earth and learn from every place, every person and every situation we happen upon. I like to refer to us as Earth Learners.
We read, write, discover, roam the woods, sleep in late, if we feel like it. We cook and do chores. We love to learn about different cultures and our elder brothers (the animals and the plants.) My job as homeschooling mom is to trust. Trust my kids will grow into intelligent, caring, responsible adults.
Fingers crossed! ~
Spring Equinox March 20 Summer Solstice June 21
Autumn Equinox September 23
Winter Solstice December 22
Tapping Sugar Maples
Spring Equinox
Our nature circle
Summer Solstice
Hiking at Fenner
Autumn Equinox
The Yule Battle
Winter Solstice/Yule
Homeschooling!
Here's just a few homeschooling highlights. Click on the photos to see the post. Also, there are many more homeschool post if you click on the homeschool label link on this page.
Build your own compass
Panning for Gold
Fort: Homestead
Playing Civil War in the woods
Civil War Muster 2008
Civil War Drummer boy, Halloween Historic Greenfield Village 2008
11 comments:
Such pretties. Is that last one collumbine(sp?)?
Sorry, can't help with the zuchs. It's fun to grow a REALLY BIG one though and then smash it in the street!
...well, at least it was when I was a kid...
Sorry I'm not going to be any help but your pictures are great and your garden looks wonderful.
My grandpa has a snowball bush like yours when I was little. They don't seem to grow those around here.
I really love seeing all the things growing in your garden, Anet...
The little moth looks like it is sitting on Bleeding Heart leaves...
One thing I never planted this year was zucchini... your lilies are beautiful and now you have me excited about watching for mine to open... Is the yellow bloom "golden Glow"? I planted a sno-ball bush a couple years ago but it is still very small...
Are the beetles killing the blossoms or making them drop off? is their any chance their mulling about is helping to pollinate?...
For me, I usually wait till the good bugs come to eat the bad bugs... except if Potato bugs come to my potatoes and then I have to pick them off; but luckily so far, none have arrived...
I pick bugs off by hand if I can and pop them into hot sudsy water.
I also have a spray bottle filled with water, 1 Tbsp Dr. Bronner's hemp mint soap, and about 20 drops of essential peppermint oil. I spray this on any plants with insect issues, and seems to get rid of most everything I have a problem with.
Lovely garden!
I don't know what to tell you about the beetles!
Hydrangea is my favorite (snowballs).
Summer is so exciting. We have to suck every drop of it while we can.
Hi Runnin18, Yes the last one is a Columbine. It's my new one this year I have another one it's solid purple. I think I'm loving this one! One time I didn't see a zuc. in the back of the garden and it grew to the size of a watermelon. The kids had fun destroying it!:)
***************
Hey Sharon, Thanks! That is a hydrangea bush, it is very big! I love how it changes colors from green to white, then when they dry they change to a cream and pinkish color. I always make a big bouquet for my front porch.
***************
You're right Gwen it's a bleeding heart. Done blooming. I ordered new lilies and day lilies this year. The one photo is of a new one, I can't wait until it opens!
Those beetles were munching the heck out of Noah's tee pee bean leaves, but have seemed to have moved on. They aren't eating the leaves of the zucs. and I'm not sure what they are up to in the blossoms! I'm going to give Denise suggestion a try and pick them off into hot sudsy water! See if they like that!!!! Thanks again:) Lovin' my bobbles!!!
**************
Thanks Denise, I'm going out to the garden now and start pick out the beetles. The spray sound great!
I'll check the health store for the ingredients.
Hey Ruth, I going beetle plucking right now. Sounds fun don't it?
I have a feeling I going to have summer squash and zucs. coming out of my ears!!! I'm going to freeze them. Shredded and Sliced.
cayenne and water solution or a soap and water solution or cayenne, water & soap solution....well so says my husband that loves plants.
your garden of blossoms are beautiful!
Thanks Tiff and Hubby,
I went out there to soap the little buggers and I could find a single one of them! Someone must of tipped them off that I was coming, probably the fruit fly that was in my kitchen! It was about to storm, so maybe the went home. I'll keep my eye out for them!
Your garden is looking great, Anet, and productive. I also love hydrangea and have many bushes, Pee Gee nad Annabelle. I'd go with the Dr. Bronner's solution or cayenne, both should work very well to get rid of bugs, and there's nothing wrong with hand-picking bugs off of plants. Happy Gardening!
Is that squash in the 2nd photo? I'm so jealous! In a good way of course. ;)
Post a Comment