Monday, July 21, 2008

The Goddess in me and my back pain!

Goddess Pendant...
I was telling Sharon of my Goddess pendant. I bought her at the pow wow
this year. Noah said I can never-ever wear it if I'm with him. I doubt I'd ever
wear it at all. I just really liked her. To me she represents a woman of happiness
and pleasure! I placed in the nature alter. Mother Earth to me, a little of myself I see!

************************************************

I've some how came down with a lower back ache and it really gets aching when I sit at the computer, so I think I'll take it a little easy this week. I'll quick pop in to see what you are up to and then it's off for me. I need some TLC and some rest. I've lost so much sleep because of it in the last week that I feel like a wee zombie. I don't even want to leave the house or do anything.... it's hard for my family to get that mom doesn't feel well and she needs some help and some down time. Oh well... If I don't clean the toilets this week I guess they'll survive!

I hope...

14 comments:

Tammy said...

I love, love, love your goddess pendant...

And girl, take it easy. Take care of yourself. ;)

Gwen Buchanan said...

I really love goddess carvings, Anet... something about the simple smooth shape of life... Yours is beautiful.. I hope she looks over you and helps you get better soon, take care and rest please, gwen

Sharon said...

I LOVE your pendant! (but I can see how she might make Noah a little uncomfortable) :)

I'm really sorry about your back. I hope Brad gives you a nice long back message and that it starts feeling better soon.

~Molly~ said...

I so resemble that pendant!LOL I mean REALLY resemble!!!

Take care of yourself dearie! Would a different chair help? I have hip bursitis and sometimes sitting is the absolute worst thing I can do, but you know how it is... the innernets are calling! Maybe a different position or something might help. Or borrow a laptop with wireless to take to bed with you.

Feel better soon!!!

Molly

Tara said...

She's beautiful! I smiled when I saw her...

Take care of yourself. I hope that back feels better soon.

denise said...

Oh, back pain is no fun. I have had off and on back craziness for years now. Too many sports as a kid, I tell ya. I hope you feel better soon.

Lovely pendant. I have a sculpture of that figure - lovely!

sandy said...

That is a cool pendant.

Back problems/pain, are the worse. I so hope for you, that you get over it soon and yes take it easy!!

Anet said...

Thanks everyone!
Another sleepless night, I sleep a few hours then I wake up all stiff and aching. Blah!
So I've been icing, take back pain meds, using Ben-gay. and trying (ha!) to take it easy! Maybe 5% better today though:) Now I feel like I need a nap!zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

tiff said...

the goddess pendant is awesome!

hoping you are back on your feet soon...take the rest you need...as for the toilets...well those can always wait!!!

Ruth said...

Yes I like your goddess too. Just had a friend tell me about an essay titled 'The White Goddess' written by Robert Graves, which I'd never heard of or read, about how the Brits had her as a muse, and if they didn't find her, they couldn't be a poet, etc. Interesting stuff, and now you show a white goddess. (not that she represents white women)

Your back pain sounds like misery. Are you able to do any gentle stretches? Maybe that's not the way to go, it all depends on the pain, source, etc. Please do put your feet up and ask your family to take care of you. It is good for them.

RunninL8 said...

leave the toilets alone. Did this come on suddenly due to a pull-or some such trauma? Or did you just wake up with the ole "wear and tear" syndrome? Alternate ice and heat- 20 min each- a few times a day. After a week, get a massage! If I lived close by I'd come on over with my table! _my LMT tx for you! At least I can send along hugs and good get well vibes!!! Hope you are better soon!

...And I LOVE the godess depicted in wearables! I'm incorporating one into a special set of prayer beads to celebrate Dea's 1st moon!

Anet said...

Thanks for the well wishes Tiff, Ruth and Runnin18! I really appreciate it!
I've read the White Goddess once
a long time ago Ruth!

Oh Runnin, how I wish I could get a good massage. My husband does rub my back for me. This is just the ole wear and tear. It feels like arthritis, I have it in my hip and shoulder and it's the same burning gnawing pain. blah! I did clean the toilet at 3:00am, couldn't sleep so I took a bath and cleaned the bathroom.

Amy Bradstreet said...

Love the goddess, we have some similar figures around the house.

Back pain sucks. Have you tried any homeopathics? Stretches? Pilates--always helps me...um, and usually NOT cleaning toilets at 3am helps a lot...you should try it. Damn, woman.

Anet said...

Hey Amy, yeah I don't recommend 3:00am toilet cleaning to anyone!

Blog Archive