Nothing too great to blog about, so another collage!
This graphic is my tribute to all the poor circus animals. I refuse to attend a circus. Now I know some people have problems with zoo, but circus animals have a horrible existence. Small cages, traveling from town to town, preforming trick at the demands of humans. All for the great and all mighty dollar! All of this quite unnatural for animals. They do not ride bicycles or jump through hoops of fire in their natural environment. I'm not too crazy about clowns either!
*No offence to the circus lovers out there, this is just my feelings.... that's all.





16 comments:
I share your feeling Anet.. I have never gone to a circus.. not many come round here...
In the past I have wondered what they must feel like... I wonder if they get any enjoyment at all of the parade of humans going past on the other side of the bars...probably not... but maybe they think of it as "human TV"
I'm with you on this one. Even when I was a kid, I hated the idea of a circus or a zoo and usually left in tears when I was forced to go.
I think more and more circuses with animals are closing down in favor of Cirque de Soleil kind of acts. Someone in our dance group with small children got free tickets to the circus (which they didn't use) and was commenting on it. I hope they are right!
I couldn't agree more heartily Anet. The only circus I had ever attended was as a field trip when I was in kindergarten and I hated it even then. They are horrible things.
Nice collage though!
Hi Gwen, I worry most about the big animals; tiger, lions, elephants... Perhaps the poodles and the horses don't mind as much.
Of course there's not much they could do about it if they did mind!
***********************************
Hi Tara,
I love Cirque de Soleil that's one circus I would attend!
I went to a regular circus when I was a little girl, friends of our family to us. I was horrified at the way the were poking and swatting at the animals. I remember the tigers looking so mad!
that's; (took us to the circus) Ooops!
Hey Sharon, My Autumn goes every year with her friends and every year I have to rant and rave at her for it. She doesn't listen!
Isn't that weird? The circus comes here every year too and every year I have to tell Zoe that it's not going to happen....that under no circumstances am I going to waver.
The thing the REALLY bugs me around here are the rodeos.....just makes me crazy. They are huge, and people come from all over. Our downtown is already decorated for this years....there is no escaping it. I'm just not even going to address the barbarity........I mean have we not evolved at all??? It's completely beyond my understanding.....so I guess I'll stop!
Oh no! I absolutely hate rodeos!
That's worst than a circus I believe. That would be so frustrating to have the town all hyped up about it! I almost cheer when those cowboy/fools fall off and get hurt. (That's so terrible, isn't it!) I figure they deserve it after all! How would they like their precious gems tied and twisted! All for the almighty dollar and ego pumping fame!
I wonder if rodeos get protesters from the animal rights activist. I bet they do!
There is a rodeo at Michigan State University every year or there use to be one. Not sure if they still have it...
Oh and what about bull fighting and The Running With the Bulls! grrrrr.....!!!!!! It's all very barbaric!
Well I agree with you. I won't go to a circus either. It breaks my heart to be in a zoo actually.
I like your collage.
s
I tried to leave a comment on another collage post the other day, but couldn't. So I'll try now.
Do you hang your collages around? Like the one you gave your honey.
Hi Sandy I know what you mean...
Our zoo is a vet zoo. They operate and everything there. They take many hurt or sick animals and many are endangered species. So that is a good thing. I was always bumming about the Eagles exhibit, Kinda of small for 2 eagles and looked like they were bored! But they just got a new one!:) I haven't seen it yet but hopefully it's a good one!
I've always felt good at our zoo, it's the same zoo that just gave Don the cute baby chicks.
Hi Ruth, I don't hang them. They are just some online collages that I've been making at Polyvore.com
just for fun. I imagine I could print them off if I wanted to. It's just been kind of fun, I always love to make collages as a kid. We would cut up old magazines and paste them on a board. It's a little like statement art. And I'm really not an artist... so this is easy for me to feel creative. Like I could never ever draw an elephant! I could try but it would be a disaster!
Who cares about the animals? Circuses are fun to watch! Who wouldn't like the circus? Lookit the bear with the hat on standing unaturally on his hind legs trying to walk like a human! Ha, ha, ha! See? Fun!
See how pissed off the tiger looks when the guy smacks him with the stick? That's funny! Lookit him cringe! Ha, ha, ha! Jokes on him!
See the majestic elephant lumbering slowly around the 3 rings with it's head down? Dejected? Now that's FUN!
I'm full of piss and vinegar today..
Sharon riled me up, politically.
Great collage!
Oh, I agree. We will NOT take the boys to any animal circus...ever!
Well it's great to find this way to be creative, and they are cool. You have developed a very "Anet" look, unique. So keep it up! Maybe you could get a book made eventually through one of the cool online photo servers!
Okay I worked at the zoo for three years, I've worked with tigers, and lions, and goats and every other kind of animal you can imagine. Zoo's aren't bad places. The people there truly care about the animals.
And as for circuses I'd probably be in one right now if I had the talent for it.
And mom i'm surprised, your own brother was a clown for how many years? Tisk tisk.
Post a Comment