Thursday, June 12, 2008

A Visit with Sniffy

Today's shots of Sniffy, I don't see Sniff as
much as I used to. But today he wanted
some peanuts. He's still as sweet and cute as ever!


Click on the photos to see how amazing he is up close!

"The egotistical squirrel"

By: Mr. Squirrelly

(a rap song)


I'm a nut, with a fuzzy butt.

I live in a tree…for free.

I have a nest, bigger than the rest,

and all the squirrel girls love me.

When I jump from limb to limb,

everybody looks and says "that's him!"

With my shiny hair and my sharp claws,

I am a squirrel with no flaws.

8 comments:

~Molly~ said...

Sniffy is just awesome!!! I'm glad he is still around, he looks like he's filled out a bit since his last photos.

Molly

Gwen Buchanan said...

Anet... your squirrel sure has personality!!! and he looks amazing up close...great little fingernails!!!

Plain to see He really trusts you!

Anet said...

Hey Motley Molly, LOL....
OK, I'll stop now!
Sniffy is doing great. He has been eating those twirlly helicopter seed thingies from the maple trees lately and not wanted too many peanuts.

************************

Don't you just love the up-close pictures?! His fur, eyes and nails. And I love the dirt on his face from digging in my flower beds! Sometimes he is a pest, But I love him all the same:)

Tammy said...

He's just so cute. 2 questions: How long has Sniffy been a friend of the family? How long did it take for him to trust you so much?

Sharon said...

Hi Anet!
The pictures are amazing! I'd like to put Sniffy on my desktop for a while if that's okay????

The bottom one with a peanut in his mouth and his long fingers is so adorable......what an amazing little soul.

Ruth said...

You two are lucky to have each other. :)

Anet said...

Hi Tammy,
Sniffy and I have been friends for about a year and 3 mos.
He would be on the fence everyday when I got home for weeks, so I would talk to him and he would follow me to the door. I would go in and get him a cracker or something. Then I started buying him peanuts and hand feeding him. I have never pet him! In the winter he would come to the door or windows and look in the house to let me know he was here. So cute!

Anet said...

Oh Sharon, Sniffy and I would be honored! :)


*********************

Thanks Ruth, He is a special friend!

Blog Archive