Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Tuesday's Word: Ort

Ort/a scrap or morsel of food left at a meal.

Caleb's sub ort.
Jersey's Giant Sub.
Best subs around.
No tomato, I still don't trust them.




12 comments:

Sharon said...

Great colors! Yeah, I don't blame you about the tomato!!!

denise said...

:)

Tammy said...

LOL. This is great! I'll have to try and use "ort" sometime today in talking with the kids.

Love it.....

Gwen Buchanan said...

Good thing John is not there... where he goes there are no morsels! almost better than the compost!

tiff said...

that looks like my boys' plates...except they would eat the tomato, but pull out the pickles.

a homemade sub sandwich on a summer day is the best.

Ruth said...

Laughing at Gwen, that's how Don is too. Yum, Jersey Giant, mmmmm.

So Caleb is how old? And he leaves ANYthing on his plate? My friend's son is around the same age I think, and he is eating her out of house and home! :)

Anet said...

Hey Everyone,
Caleb (16) ate most of the sub, it was huge! I can't believe he ate that much.
Caleb does eat a lot! But he's so tall and skinny. (Does not take after mom) He just keeps getting taller. He's a few inches taller than his dad, which tickles me pink!:)

Anet said...

I quizzed the hubby on the words because he's Mr. Brainy.... well, he didn't know aestival or vibrissae. But he knew what an ort was! He knew all the rest of the words also. He does a lot of crosswords.

~Molly~ said...

Love your ort too! Are we the only ones playing the game?

That sandwich made me SO hungry for a sub!!! Maybe I'll take stuff for them on our camping trip this weekend. I use cherry tomatoes, can't grow them at our house, I've tried and tried and they always burn.

We're having spaghetti tonight so maybe I'll update my post with more ort. However, it will have to be before Puppy-girl gets to the plates! Never any orts with her around.

Anet said...

Hey Molly,
Sharon at One Small Square, eluciq, runnin18 at Mountain Pulse,
You and me. That's all I know of.
Tommorow's word is my favorite:)

RunninL8 said...

Ha! I'm lovin that word! I've added it to my own "daily vocab"!!!

Off topic-About feeding squirrels. Will they become totally dependent on us if we give them a lil treat each day? Cuz we haven't been able to help ourselves since a pair have been visiting our deck in search of discarded bird seed!

Anet said...

Runnin18,
Sniffy depends on me more in the cold winter months for nuts, peanuts, bread, etc... but in the summer he rarely comes looking for a hand out. He's been eating the maple seeds from my aestival word post lately, He loves those things and there are about a zillion of them right now. Your squirrels will probably enjoy the experience of treats on your deck! They are so fun to watch, I bet your girls love them!
Noah and I can hand feed Sniffy, cool experience!

Blog Archive