Boozhoo! (greetings!),
These first 3 photos are grass dancers. The tradition of the grass dancers is to ask the spiritual inhabitants of the area to leave for awhile to allow the celebration of the Pow Wow. Also they smooth down the grass to make sure they are no hard objects for the elders to hurt themselves on.
These first 3 photos are grass dancers. The tradition of the grass dancers is to ask the spiritual inhabitants of the area to leave for awhile to allow the celebration of the Pow Wow. Also they smooth down the grass to make sure they are no hard objects for the elders to hurt themselves on.



This is the Crow Hop. It is to honor the crow, who is very smart and helpful in keep our earth tidy by gathering up bits of debris and putting them in their nest. Megwetch Aandeg! (Thank you Crow!)

* The header photo of the tee pee was also taken this weekend.I can hear the drumming at my house on the front porch!




3 comments:
Seems like you would have to be very practiced or evolved to be able to perform a spiritual act like that in a public venue..........like it would be hard to transcend performance to be in complete harmony and oneness... you know to be completely without self-consciousness....does that make sense? I wonder if it's hard for the dancers to do that?
Beautiful photos!
It completely makes sense Sharon,
I think there is some sort of prayer/meditative ritual that they do before the Pow Wow. The more I learn about them the more I understand where I should be in my life.
LOvely.
Post a Comment