Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Off to the Big Apple!


Noah and I dropped off Autumn and her boyfriend Kevin at the bus station for a bus ride to New York City. Kevin's birthday is Saturday, they are staying at a student hostel in Manhattan. They are meeting up with a photographer friend of Autumns who lives there to hit all the cool places. This is Autumn's 2nd time, Kevin's 1st. They are going to Coney Island to the Mermaid Parade and some other fun things. Will she see the Statue of Liberty this time? I hope so!

Cool Mosaic Art at the bus station downtown.

The station is a few miles away from our house.

It was very crowded, mostly with the homeless who

use it to rest and use the restrooms.

OK, some are a little scary looking!



Check in . Noah kept begging to go with her.



Autumn looks so excited! NOT... she knows the long bus ride is ahead. 17 hours to New York City from Lansing Michigan.




*******Update: Autumn called at 8:30am Thursday and said they just arrived in NYC.********


More update: Autumn has called me several times and all is well, they went to the Metropolitan Museum of Art this afternoon. Autumn said it's amazing! Also she told me her friend in NYC is good friends with Art Garfunkel's son and they are going to hang out with him! OK... I love Art Garfunkel!!!! I have a bunch of his CD's , also Simon and Garfunkel stuff. I listen to him all the time and got my kids hooked on him. So just the thought of my kid hanging out with his kid is AWESOME!

Autumn's tote bag. Combined efforts of myself and Kevin. I sewed it and he silk screened it.


7 comments:

Sharon said...

Wow! Seventeen hours?! Still it sounds like an adventure...hope they have a great time and that she checks in with you often!!! :)

Anet said...

Hey Sharon, I told her she needs to call me on the two way a MILLON TIMES when she's gone!
She hasn't called yet:{

denise said...

Oh, fun trip (other than the bus trip part...). :)

Gwen Buchanan said...

Hope they have a safe adventure!! really loved the mosaic...
I have never been there..Maybe we'll see some pictures of the place when she gets back..

Tammy said...

HOW FUN. New York City.....what a fun trip! Except for the bus ride....so glad you found out she has arrived safely.

Ruth said...

Daughter Lesley lives in NYC, and she loves the Mermaid parade and Coney Island! She and her boyfriend just went a couple of weeks ago and got red slurpies and took photos of their long red tongues sticking out. :)

I hope they have a great time.

Anet said...

Autumn is most excited about Coney Island and the parade! She went to Coney Island last time and fell in love with it. I will add a pic. of the beach tote that I sewed and Kevin silk screened for her.
I bet Lesley loves it there too! Autumn said something about the it's the last year for Coney Island or something???

Blog Archive