Sunday, July 6, 2008

My Tiny Teachers....

My Kids
Tiny Teachers

If we looked to our children,
So simple and pure.
If we looked to our children,
We could learn so much more.
If we looked to our children,
We could rise above.
If we looked to our children,
We could learn how to love.
If we looked to our children,
We could find a way to be free.
If we looked to our children,
We could learn how to see.
If we looked to our children,
Without being so stern.
If we looked to our children,
How much we could learn.
Cindy Kocsis

**************************************************

When I read this poem it really moved me...thinking of how much my children have taught me; They've taught me to be free...to love unconditionally, to think outside the box, to not need everyone's approval, to not worry about the little stuff, that there is more than one way to get an education, and not to judge a book by it's cover or a person by the way they look.
Thanks Autumn Rose, Caleb and Noah for teaching me many of life's lessons!

10 comments:

Sharon said...

I think the one thing we don't understand before we become parents is how much the experience teaches us and gives to us so that in the end we become transformed. Sometimes it seems like transformation through fire but in the end the Zoe has given me so much more than she will ever know.
You have 3 really beautiful people there. Did you come up with the idea for the picture? It's super!!!

Anet said...

Hi Sharon, Someday Zoe will know...
When she becomes a parent. She'll understand. So will my kids.
I'm not kidding about how much they've taught me. It's unbelievable how un-enlighten I was to the Universe before my kids. Perhaps it's that we leave the "all about me" phase and move into the "all about them" phase. All of the sudden... the environment, education, children's rights and a whole sluth of things matter. They take us out of ourselves, then we see what's really important.
They gave me a family. Wow! How great is that!! And when I think of being "the grandma" someday. Holidays and the whole bit. I am in awe of how much more there is to come! :) ****************
The picture was taken where Autumn works, and it was my idea: Autumn never sees the mess in her room, Caleb never hears me and Noah talks way too much!:) **********
Oh, Autumn did get the official word about her job at the newspaper, it starts in a few weeks! I guess she's going to try to do both jobs and school.

sandy said...

Kids DO teach us so much. I had to learn a lot of tolerance when they started changing into different human beings in their teens.

Gwen Buchanan said...

Anet, I loved the poem and your commentary .. you are absolutely right!!They are the best!!... to see the world through their eyes is to be in awe...


...and when I see my daughters children..I am so taken with them ... I wish they would stay still long enough for me to hug them all day long...

Anet said...

Sandy, I have been learning that lesson, big time!!!


***************

Hi Gwen, I didn't know you were a grandma! I am looking forward to that part of my life someday! No rush mind you... just knowing that someday... I'll have grandbabies running around, makes my heart all fuzzy!:) Like my Caleb used to say: "It feels like silky on my heart!" (when asked what love feels like.)
And Noah the other day; I washed my feet after being in the garden with Autumn's body wash called, "Falling in Love" and I said "oh, now someone is going to fall in love with my feet!" and Noah replied: "But I already love you from head to toe!" Awe.......

Sharon said...

Oh man, that is so sweet!!! Give that boy a hug from me. :)

RunninL8 said...

Goosebumps!!!!!!!!!

Ruth said...

You are in a great place, Anet, to respect your children this much. They are most fortunate to have you for a mom. I wish every parent I heard at Meijer was this in love with their children.

Anet said...

Thanks Ruth, I have my moments...

Tammy said...

This is a beautiful poem. And isn't it amazing how much our children teach us? I think (for me anyway) when I first had Emily I thought a lot about all I would teach her while she was at home, and now that she is nearly ready to leave home I realize she has taught me far more than I've ever taught her.

Blog Archive