Caleb is officially enrolled in college!
He starts classes August 18th.
He is majoring in Graphic Design.
He did really great on his enterance tests.
I'm so proud of him!
*************
Now.... 16 years old....unschooler.
Very soon.... a college student.
Lansing Community College/ Graphic Design Associates Degree
Then off to another college??? He wants to move to Toronto, Canada someday.
*****************
Then.....


Caleb acting monstrous*****Caleb in a High School musical, Little Shop of Horrors at age 11.

Caleb giving some sort of sign?*****Monkeying around again!
Caleb loves; staying up until dawn, taking walks at sunrise, playing World of War Craft, creating, listening to loud music, eating strawberries, making me laugh, making me mad, picking on Noah, running his own life, hanging out with friends, skating boarding, thinking he's a ladies man, wearing hats, his orange shoes, his cats, spaghetti, lemon iced tea, his Zune, candy, his family, his computer, making right decisions, helping his friends with their troubles, trying to escape from doing his chores, asking for money, not having a job, being unschooled, having freedom, learning all he can about things he has a passion for, teasing his momma about being a crazy squirrel lady! (in random order.)





14 comments:
Congratulations Caleb!!! I bet you're going to love college........it's a whole other world socially and creatively than high school.
Hey Anet, I really liked learning more about Caleb. He sounds great. Oh.........and what's a zune?
Thanks Sharon, A zune is like an Ipod. :)
Congratulations to your son, Anet!!!
He sounds really creative... love the orange shoes!!
Thanks Gwen, I think college is going to be good for him.
On to bigger and better things!
He bought his pumpkin orange shoes with his first paycheck from a graphic design he made for a computer company. He's already making money from his designs.
What a fantastic Young Man you have...I love that 16 year old picture...just beautiful! I know...I know...you are not to say that about guys...but the photo is great.
Fun to read about the now n' then!
Thanks Tiff! Very sweet!!!:)
Cool! Good start! :) I had some design jobs when I was in my teens - and amazingly enough, I'm still a designer. Gosh, I feel old sometimes. Very cool - good for him!
Thanks Denise!
Congratulations!!! I feel that we have a long way to go before Ryan is ready for college. That's ok though, we'll enjoy it vicariously through you and Caleb!LOL
I think that "sign" he is giving means, "I'm a super cool teen", or somesuch.
Molly, who may have to be the neighborhood evil witch and call the cops on the illegal fireworks. Sigh.
Thanks Molly! I don't blame you about the fireworks, they can be annoying and dangerous! I am surprised how quiet it's been around here, maybe people don't have the money to waste on such nonsense this year!
Caleb sounds like a great person, and good for him starting college at 16! Daughter Lesley went to LCC for 3 years, changed her major a few times, started interior design in the last year, then moved on to CCS - College for Creative Studies in Detroit - another 4 years! But it was great because when she left LCC she was all paid up! It's a super good place to start, and a wonderful community college, as you know. We at MSU respect it highly! Students are smart to start there.
All the best to Caleb. Wow, starting into Adult Land.
Hi Ruth, we are starting him out as a part time student so he can take some time finding his way.
We are very blessed with paying for college. The kids get their tuitions paid for through the Native American tuition wavier program. We only pay for course fee and books.:)
Sounds like Lesley did very well in college! And now she's a designer in NYC! very cool!!!
Congrats to you and Caleb, he sounds like a very interesting (in the best sense possible) person. It's so exciting to hear about unschoolers unschooling themselves into adulthood! Love it!
Congratulations to Caleb! That's quite an accomplishment. He should be so proud of himself!!! ;)
Seriously, isn't that amazing? Way to go Mom....you did well with your son.
Post a Comment