Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Big News...


OK Autumn is flipping out today, First she has a interview with the college newspaper for the photo editor/photographer's job. I think she'll get it. They kind of sought her out. Then, in the local paper the headlines said that our city has a proposal to build a movie studio! Called City Center Studios.
The college is very excited about this and is working out a deal to have their students working with the new studio. There is about 500 students in the Digital, Media, Audio, and Cinema program. And one of the 500 is Autumn! When she first started school, I kept thinking she'll have to move away someday:( Well now maybe not! I'm so excited for her and myself! I hope this all works out. The studio location is about a mile from our house.
The Mayor said "This project could put Lansing in the middle of the national film industry and create hundreds of jobs and the same time." Boy, do we need some of that!!! Oooooo does this mean we may get some movie stars wandering around town. Cool.
Ruth and I will get our autograph books ready!

9 comments:

Tammy said...

This is EXCELLENT news.

And I so hope she gets the job! :)

Anet said...

Hi Tammy,
Autumn said the interview went great and then when she got home she got a call from the guy who recommended her for the job and he said he's 99% sure she got the job! I guess she won't start until Aug. She's so excited! She said the man who interviewed her show her a office and said "this will be your office" 21 years old with her own office, pretty cool:) She can't even keep her room clean yet! lol. Oh and she gets to set her own hours! I want this job!!

Sharon said...

Congratulations Autumn!!!
This is so great! You are so talented it's not surprising, but an office?? Wow! Let us know when you get the formal notice.

Tammy said...

Me again. lol.

21 with her own office. Amazing. And she deserves it; she has a lot of talent.

Anet said...

Thanks Tammy and Sharon, I'll pass it on to Autumn. She also joined the Big Brothers/Big Sister program and started hanging out with her little sister, who I pictured as being about Noah size, Autumn brought her home and she's taller than Autumn! lol She's a sweet kid, with family troubles. She lives with a grandmother. Autumn is taking her to the thrift stores this afternoon. I guess she loves thrifting, a girl after my own heart!:)

RunninL8 said...

Congrats to Autumn!!! Wow! So young and with so many AMAZING things going on her life! I've got goosebumps!
And how exciting and unexpected? to have a movie studio move in!
Watch your property value skyrocket!!!!!

Anet said...

Thanks, I'm really proud of her!
Oh... raising property values would be a good thing, considering they've been going down lately!

Ruth said...

I'm ready, I'm ready!

Wow! Congratulations to Autumn! That will be great experience. You know our area is really growing in the film area. In my department at MSU we have a film studies program too, and many of our students have done well in the East Lansing Film Festival. LCC has a great program, and now a studio coming!

One of my former students is a screenplay screener for Sam Raimi in Hollywood!

I hope Autumn will be in on the ground floor of all the excitement.

Anet said...

Thanks Ruth, so much excitement lately! All of this and Autumn is headed to New York City in a week or so:) She deserves it. She works really hard. I hope she can get in on the studio work, so I can keep her close to home. (selfish mom thing)

Blog Archive