This was the last picture that I took of him
that day and then I saw him later in
the day with a mouth full of green leaves
headed up to his drey (nest). Even in the freezing winter
months he would come to the door every couple of
days. This is the longest time we've not seen each other.
I've searched the streets, no squirrels! I've asked some
neighbors, no one has seen him! I've called his name, no answer!
SNIFFY, WHERE ARE YOU?!
OK, I'm worried.... I Know squirrels can't live forever
OK, I'm worried.... I Know squirrels can't live forever
and I shouldn't get attached to them. I keep fighting
back the tears. I've even asked my DH to climb
the tree, he said "no way." I'll keep you posted
if I see him. I thought if I post that he's
missing, then he'll show up. (you know that prove me wrong thing.)
SNIFFY, WHERE ARE YOU?!
***************
UPDATE: I can't believe it, he's back! I knew posting
about him being missing would work. But not that fast! I was posting a
comment on Ruth's blog, and all of the sudden I hear
Noah exclaim: "Sniffy's here!"
What?! I jumped up and lo and behold he's on
my porch. Now I feel stupid for worrying about him!





9 comments:
Maybe Sniffy is on a squirrel adventure. I hope he'll be back soon to chatter about it to you.
You were right Ruth, he was just on a squirrel adventure!
I'm so glad Sniffy is back.
He reminds me of one of my all-time favorite children's story books called Miss Suzy by Miriam Young. Have you ever read it? Is it available at your library? Let me know. I know it's a children's book, but it's so cute. I'll mail it to you if you'd like to read it if you'll send it back. :)
I'm just glad Sniffy is home!
Hi Tammy, Yes I've read it, we have it at my preschool. It's a sweet story. My preschoolers were so cute this year, they wanted to hear all about Sniffy. So I bought in some pictures of him. We read squirrel books and the children would ask me about him all the time. At the end of the year some of the children drew pictures of squirrels in the card they gave me!
I'm so glad he's back......Maybe he's seeing someone on the side, a little spring fling! :)
I knew all was well. I knew it.
Oh yeah maybe getting some peanuts somewhere else, the dog!
Sharon, Thanks for leaving Noah the comments, He was super stoked!
This is turning into a great homeschooling learning tool for him! Story lines, photography, computer skills, writing, design, art, and maybe a friend or two in other parts of the country/world.
Thanks again!!!
maybe the little squirrel has littler baby squirrels...
Post a Comment