Thursday, May 1, 2008

Ojibwa Indian Language


Booshoo,
Aniish na? Anet Ndishnikaaz.
Giminadan Gajiginonshiwan!
Megwetch
Greetings,
How are you?
My name is Anet.
It was nice talking to you!
Thank you
My husband and children are Ojibwa or (Chippewa) Indians.
We've been researching the Ojibwa language and customs.
I thought it would be fun to share with you.
I've added some animals names (in green) to the last post.
I'll share more later.

4 comments:

Sharon said...

I don't know how to add audio but it would be wonderful to hear those words spoken...I'm sure I'm reading them all wrong!

Anet said...

It's super hard to pronounce this language. It is beautiful though, I've heard people speak it at powwows and it is awesome!
Megwetch!!! (Thank you)
That's the one word I probably say correctly. (Ma-gwech)

World Wide Alternative said...

More! More!
Great blog by the way! ;)Xxx

Anet said...

Megwetch! Poppy & Mei, I'm glad you stopped in. I peeked in on your blog and it is fascinating! I'm going back to take a better look! I love Japanese culture;)

Blog Archive