Oh, I just couldn't think of much to blog about,
so a quick tour of the homestead.
Living room fireplace, Our big t.v. died so
we borrowed Autumn's little one for a few weeks until
we bought a new one.
Mom's area, very messy.... This is where I do art, blogging, pay bills, etc....
Dinning Room, You can see where we are refinishing the woodwork. It's slow but steady work in progress. First we
will finish the dinning room and then we'll think
about the living room.
Hehe..... Sniffy pictures hanging in my kitchen.
Looking out to my front porch, Home Sweet Home where the dinosaurs roam.




11 comments:
Oh, love the red wall colors. I want to paint but it is crazy with two little people, and I haven't found any painting companies who will use my no-VOC/natural/milk paint (due to allergies). Soon though, soon. :)
Love the lots of windows.
Hey Denise, I know how it is with allergies. Every time I turn around it's something new bugging me. Lately it's been environmental stuff. I hope I don't end up in a bubble someday. I can't deal with fumes of certain things or I'll end up with a terrible migraine for a few days:( I'm OK so far with the paint fumes, but the last time I painted we bought this low odor paint. I also hate exhaust fumes and I had a bad reaction a few weeks ago at the hair salon when they tried to color my hair. No more of that!
Anet, I love architecture... your home is beautiful... what era is it from... does it have a name?
love the light and the beautiful windows.. you must love living there...
and the pictures of Sniffy are so sweet!!! Does he/she know he/she is a star???
Hey Anet, I loved seeing your house, it is so cool! Like Denise said the wall color is great, plus the architectural details, and those chandeliers~gorgeous! Now I can picture where you are when we're communicating. And the picture of Sniffy in the snow is adorable. Thanks for the tour!
Hi Gwen, The house was built in 1922. It's from the roaring 20's. Model T cars and Prohibition. My mothers-in-law apt. was added on a little later. The windows are original to the house, old and drafty! There are 9 windows in my bedroom alone.
Sniffy is a camera ham!
Thanks Sharon, I'm glad you came over for a visit! Once we get the dinning room woodwork finished I'm thinking of painting the walls, either a pumpkin color or a bright gold (sunflowerish) color. What do you think? Like my made up word?
(Sunflowerish!) I like it:)
Thanks Anet, I really like to be able to place things in their context as far as history goes... Wow 9 windows in your bedroom... great room!!!
Thanks for showing your beautiful space! I don't think that corner is messy! I do love houses from this era - Arts & Crafts? All those built-ins, and the great windows. When we lived in the Genesee neighborhood we painted our dining room a similar color. Love it!
The color on your walls is BEAUTIFUL! And I love your area in the living room. Looks so relaxing.....
And the photos of Sniffy.....oh those just put a huge smile on my face. :)
Katie took my camera down by the river today and found a squirrel that followed her around a bit and ate a piece of bread while she watched him. Maybe I'll post a couple of those on my blog this week.
Thanks Ruth, I'm not sure I'd call it Art & Crafts because the outside doesn't have any of the Art & Crafts details. So I'm not sure. Pam's house does.
Ooooh. I would love to see her squirrel pictures! Next to cats, the best animal ever! lol. Thanks Tammy, glad you like my home.
Post a Comment