Sunday, April 27, 2008

City Girl turns Farmer, stay tuned!

Pumpkins and Squash...
You didn't know I had a green thumb?
Neither did I, now if I can just keep them alive
until I get the garden tilled.
I am giving some of these away to my daughter's
boyfriend and my director at school. Or I
would have pumpkins and squash coming out of my ...
well, you know where.
Bad photo, but there is a little tiny sprout, I have
about four of these. My Chinese Lanterns!

Grow baby, Grow....

9 comments:

Tammy said...

Yesterday at the earth day celebration someone was handing out free trees and bushes, and they asked me if I'd like one. I told them I'd better pass.....all I'm good at growing is kids. lol

Can't wait to see how these turn out!

Anet said...

Thanks Tammy, I so glad you stopped by the more friends there merry!

Anet said...

Another opps! (I'm so glad...)
I need to slow down.

Ruth said...

My husband planted some pumpkins, squash and Chinese lanterns too! And also beans and cukes. May your seedlings prosper! (Don't leave them outside overnight like we did last year, and the raccoons ate 'em.)

Anet said...

Thanks Ruth! I'll be sure to leave them in until the gardens ready. One good thing is we have a 6ft. wood fence that keeps out some of the critters.
We are still going to plant some tomatoes, when the time is right.
I also have a little strawberry patch.

Sharon said...

I can just imagine your beautiful porch lined with pumpkins this fall!

denise said...

Nice! I haven't had to plant pumpkins in a few years now - I let a few of our little un-carved ones get smushed in certain beds for the winter and each spring new pumpkins appear! ;)

Gwen Buchanan said...

Oh Anet I do hope your chinese lanterns grow.. But sure looks as if your Pumpkins are going full out!!! I love cream of Pumpkin soup!
...you are ahead of me in my planting... nothing in yet... but My daffodils just opened..

Anet said...

That is a great idea Denise, I'll give it a try this fall! I have to battle squirrels with any pumpkins I ever had. They chew a hole in them and climb right in! Not Sniffy though he's a good boy!!!
Haha!


Thanks Gwen,
I just may get a few Chinese Lanterns to take. The pumpkins and squash grew like crazy over night, it's been fun to watch Noah be so excited about the plants!
Cream of Pumpkin soup sounds yummy!
I LOVE pumpkin flavored anything!!!

Blog Archive