Thursday, March 10, 2011

Thrifty Treasures...

Autumn and I hit a few thrift shops the other day. It's been so long since I've been treasure hunting! Here are my thrifty finds:

Some strange and wonderful books for Noah, 1970's. Cost: 50 cents each.
They came from a school library somewhere here in Michigan.

Sweet bird and fauna prints, by James Gordon Irwing 1950. Cost: $6 each

The cutest darn cheese plate ever!
The mama mouse, baby and cheese are made as part of the plate
(all one piece.)
Autumn guesses from about the 50's or so. cost: 99 cents.
She's so jealous of my cheese plate!
Autumn came home with some vintage clothing for her etsy shop and a huge tote bag.

Here was my living room floor just before we left.
Noah left his rock collection on the floor so Harpo decided to study a bit. I swear, we homeschooler's must have the smartest cats on the planet!

5 comments:

Tara said...

I thought Harpo was Bella! I'll get it right one day. Our kitties join us for lessons each day. Sometimes Tess updates me on what they are "studying." I think Ophelia is reading a book about tuna right now. ;-)
Thrifting with your girl... that sounds so nice. I love old, interesting books. But 1970 isn't old, right?

Anet said...

OH yeah... according to Noah it's ancient!

Tammy said...

LOL, our kitties were caught doing Kayla's math last week!

~Molly~ said...

What kind of clothing does Autumn sell? Any era? I have some doubleknit stuff from the 60s and 70s that I might donate to her if its the right kind.

Molly

Anet said...

Oops Molly,
I just noticed your comment. She does have some 60's and 70's stuff.
A link for her etsy is on my sidebar now:) if you'd like to check it out.

Blog Archive