Whereas~
To play in plague-time is to increase the plague by infection; And to play out of plague-time is to draw the plague by offending GOD upon occasion of such plays; Therefore, until such time as GOD pleases to reduce the number of plague deaths to below 50 per week, NO Plays shall be performed within the city... August, 1609
Noah has read enough tragedies for awhile: King Lear, Macbeth, Othello, Hamlet (Noah's favorite)and Romeo and Juliet.
Now on with the comedies! ~ A Midsummers Night's Dream (my favorite.)
Do you have a favorite Shakespeare play?




5 comments:
Romeo and Juliet, followed by Midsummers Night dream. Romeo and Juliet has a good bit of comedy in it to go with the tragedy. My kids enjoy Shakespeare too!
A Midsummer Night's Dream is my favorite, as well. When my daughters were little, I took them to see a community college production of A Midsummer Nights Dream. It was the first stage show they had ever been taken to. There was a harp player on stage for the beginning of the play.
For weeks after that, the girl put on little plays for me, and everyone started with one of them playing our little lap harp and I think every play had fairies.
I have to admit that I haven't read them all... Right now it's a tie between Othello and Two Gentleman of Verona.
I'm so impressed with Noah's reading list. He's a reading machine!
Thought of you both this weekend when we went to see Twice Told Tales of the DeCameron, the stories Shakespeare based some of his plays on.
Midsummer Night's Dream and Taming of the Shrew for sure! :)
Midsummer Night's Dream and Hamlet...hmmm I think I might just fit into your household.
Love that Noah is enjoying reading the classics...how awesome. I have not tried reading Shakespeare with Keegan and Rohnan.
Post a Comment