Friday, February 18, 2011

Shakin' it up with Shakespeare

Yesterday Noah and I headed to the library, not sure of what we'd find. We just took our time and wandered up and down the aisles of books. Noah has really been into owls and hawks lately
so we picked up a few true story books; Adopted by an Owl, a story of an owl that lived only a few miles from us. We've already read this book few other times but it's our favorite. I guess I should buy us a copy of it.
Also we found Pale Male a true story of a hawk that lives in Central Park. We have hawks that live in our downtown area, two times a hawk has swooped down very close to Caleb and I when we were downtown... sort of startling!
The squirrel book, well... that was my choice:) Ghost books... cuz we're weird and Noah found another Brian Jacques story to read.

Then I spotted the Shakespeare section! I've always wanted to do Shakespeare with Noah but he just wasn't ready for it until now. So we'll be doing a Shakespeare unit, which I imagine will take a few weeks at least.


this is a wonderful book, filled with envelopes and flaps to lift. Beautifully illustrated!

The rest of the day was spent answering the door for some black squirrels. I must of giving out 10 handfuls of peanuts. They come right to the door now and drive poor Jasper bonkers. As you can see the snow is almost melted away!!! Yeah for that:)

Today the sun is shining, the birds are singing happily. I think it's a good day for that stroll in the woods. Happy Full Moon everyone, I'm off to the attic to dig out a skull! (for our Shakespeare unit:)

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Owls are so fascinating. We are studying Shakespeare too. Sofia is in our school's production of "Twelfth Night." How I love Shakespeare. I was thinking of taking a stroll in the woods today with Binky. Oh, and I saw the most amazing full moon this morning!!!!! So beautiful.
have a great weekend
lisa

Tara said...

We love Shakespeare, too -- look forward to studying a new play each year.
The moon was amazing tonight. I hope you enjoyed your walk in the woods; it was a perfect day to go.

tiff said...

Wow...from Valentine Wedding to Shakespeare...not grass grows at your feet...ha :)

Love the new look on the website and all those books look fabulous.

Enjoy your walk in the woods...I will be cleaning and organizing...UGH!

Anet said...

Hi Lisa,
Very cool that Sofia is in the Twelfth Night! Be sure to blog about it:)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey Tara,
The walk in the woods turned into a quick walk around the block. It was so windy! I get a little freaked out about strong wind and trees every since our neighbor's tree fell over in front of me.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yeah Tiff, we can't let any grass grow around here!
Cleaning and organizing eh?
My house was packed up for the wedding, right now I'm digging the simplicity and bare bones. I'm thinking of not unpacking. Of course I can't find a thing right now either.

Blog Archive