Poor Shakespeare...
"The schoolroom was my heaven and my hell both. Learning to read~ah, what joy it brought me! To learn my letters was hard labour, enforced with the birch rod..."
"I was clever enough with my left hand, but the Church tought that those who favoured this "sinister" hand were servants of the devil! Thus I was forced to make my crabbed way with my unwilling right hand."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Noah's reading list so far: Hamlet, Othello and Romeo & Juliet (Kid friendly versions, sort of)
and he is studying Shakespearean speak. Our made-up sentences in Shakespearean:
Methinks hob, thou jest! Doth not thee bone~house suit thee well?
(I think hobgoblin, you joke! Does not your grave suit you well? )




2 comments:
I still get the shivers thinking about the Othello performance we saw earlier this year. Such a powerful story -- 3 hours went by in a blink.
I seem to remember heavy use of the word "pestilence" during our unit...
You and Noah look like you are having so much fun!
Methinks I love the Shakespearean speak! :)
Post a Comment